IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT, but not
7/7/12, 5:20 PM   #1
OT, but not
openwheelfan1

I know there has been a lot of comments about the impact of low car counts and butts in the seats etc. on here. We are Open Wheel fans through and through, but after years in IN we now live in Western KY. and our nearest racetrack is Paducah International Raceway or PIR. We are in the heart of Late Model country.

PIR is a Track Enterprises track and is co-owned by Tony Stewart and Kenny Schrader. PIR announced earlier this week they would no longer present their premier division (Super Late Models) due to low car counts and low attendance. Racing will continue for now for their other 4 divisions (Crate Late Models, Modifieds, Street Stocks and 4 Cyl. Warriors). They have been averaging about 15 Super Late Models per Friday night. The UMP Hell Tour was at the track last Friday night (June 29) and they had 36 Late Models in attendance.

The point here is DON'T BELIEVE IT CAN'T HAPPEN!! Race promoting is a business, and as a business, there is limit to how much money can be lost. In the article in the paper the spokesperson for PIR indicated that if things don't improve the prospects for 2013 aren't promising. Don't believe it can't happen to your favorite track!!

Steve

1 member likes this post: speed bump
7/7/12, 5:34 PM   #2
Re: OT, but not
ossuks

Then my favorite track needs to fix the problem!! Why is it that I am expected to support a below standards program? If a few tracks close than the best promoters will have more cars to draw from! There are a few that will go to any race and support any track, good for you!! The majority of the race fans expect full fields of cars, and those are the shows I support, along with the majority.
Now bash away, it will not change a thing, give me a stellar field and I will give you my money, there are other things besides racing to do!!

4 members like this post: Clydesdale, cmiracingvids, Pine, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT, but not