IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Screven Georgia updates?
11/20/18, 11:34 AM   #31
Re: Screven Georgia updates?
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K Biasi View Post
Joey Biasi is from Mary D PA. He competes in the new USAC 360 east coast series which he finished 2nd in points for the 2018 season. He has also competed in a 410 during the USAC eastern storm tour and a few BOSS races with the 410. He also runs a wingless supersportsman at Path Valley Speedway. Is it a small family owned team. We have the hope more wingless racing will take place in PA. This year he had a tremendous amount of seat time which has paid off. He has won this year in his 360 with USAC-EC at Big Diamond Speedway, the Wingless Supersportsman at Path Valley Speedway, a wingless crate car at Accord Speedway and with his 410 at Screven Motorsports Complex.
Sorry for assuming that this (Mary) might be Joey's wife. If so, I happened to be standing near her during the race.
At first, I obviously didn't know this, as like many, I didn't know who was driving that car?
At one point under a caution, this lady got up and said out loud, "I can't watch this", and walked away towards the pit area. I just thought she was like many of the stock car crowd that was in the pit area that had no interest in this type of racing.

With about 10 laps to go, she re-appeared, but barely watched the action on track. Once the checker flag was waved, her reaction made it clear who she was, as she looked like she was going to faint. The utter disbelief, combined with the shaking, knee buckling and joy in her eyes, made it quite clear who she was.
After watching her hubs drive 50 flawless laps (on what I would considered to be a drivers track), against some really good competition while avoiding a few near misses, combined with what is evidently a very tight budget, the relief/joy combination was awesome to witness!
Congrats to both of you on a nice payday! It's not often when the "little guy" beats the bigger teams, but it sure is fun to watch.

11/20/18, 12:21 PM   #32
Re: Screven Georgia updates?
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
Sorry for assuming that this (Mary) might be Joey's wife. If so, I happened to be standing near her during the race.
At first, I obviously didn't know this, as like many, I didn't know who was driving that car?
At one point under a caution, this lady got up and said out loud, "I can't watch this", and walked away towards the pit area. I just thought she was like many of the stock car crowd that was in the pit area that had no interest in this type of racing.

With about 10 laps to go, she re-appeared, but barely watched the action on track. Once the checker flag was waved, her reaction made it clear who she was, as she looked like she was going to faint. The utter disbelief, combined with the shaking, knee buckling and joy in her eyes, made it quite clear who she was.
After watching her hubs drive 50 flawless laps (on what I would considered to be a drivers track), against some really good competition while avoiding a few near misses, combined with what is evidently a very tight budget, the relief/joy combination was awesome to witness!
Congrats to both of you on a nice payday! It's not often when the "little guy" beats the bigger teams, but it sure is fun to watch.
This right here is why I do this...never meet the family until this weekend...I have become a JOEY BIASI fan for life!!!

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Screven Georgia updates?