IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dillon Buhr scores night #1 win at Gator Dirt Nationals
2/13/15, 3:24 PM   #21
Re: Dillon Buhr scores night #1 win at Gator Dirt Nationals
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
I know. I know. Don't speak your mind. Don't cause a scene. Don't stir the pot. Never call a spade a spade. Remain PC.
I dont know how many different ways i gotta say it: I AM SUPPORTIVE OF WHAT WAYNE HAS DONE! Is that clear enough?

I am not supportive of disapointing fans (current ones or new ones), with something that was obvious for a while now, but still sold as such.

Midget racing as a whole does not need anyone disapointed. As mentioned, i have no problem with 21 cars, but some guy who spent $ to come down there early for this first of its kind event with 50 cars. Well, that guy might have a problem with the advertising.
Or the guy who was thrilled about the live Online PPV announcement, before it was even checked if a broadcast was feasible from that location?
You can go on and on about who called in sick, as even those #'s dont even reach 40. An entry is not an entry until the $ is in hand, and there is nothing uncommon about that!

All im asking is that next year, get a few more P's and Q's in order.
Midget racing needs this, and we should all do things as right as possible to help it grow.
Crankin

I guess I am starting to feel just a little on how it is to be non-white, or in my case non drive shaft. We live in a world with a very narrow and focused view on life. We are segregated because of our drive system (give me a break), and perhaps just a little on the fact that we might out perform a few back markers. I make no claims to Mega Horsepower, I do claim that if the track is small enough we can give a Midget a race for its money.

I have made my last post about Du Quoin (Thank God Amen said the Congregation). They can race for whatever they want.

Wayne on the other hand has stuck his neck out to even include some of the older Midgets to give them a race to race in where they can be competitive.

IS ANYBODY TAKING NOTES??? Racing out front is too expensive now days, car counts are falling or never even getting off of the ground. When you tell me I have to buy a $12,000.00 motor for my young driver to just start to race with you "We have a problem Huston".

I am probably as old as you are. Until I was 60 or so I was into the "PC CRAP". That stuff just doesn't work, it was designed by the so called "PROGRESSIVE PEOPLE" to silent the majority and make them feel guilty about what they say, or think or how they act. Well>>" I decided that enough was enough and if the pot is BLACK I am damned well going to call it BLACK.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/13/15 at 3:42 PM.

3 members like this post: racer-x, Steve Wendel, Wayne Davis
2/13/15, 3:44 PM   #22
cbaumeyer48

€}

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/13/15, 3:45 PM   #23
DAD

Chris?

What the hell does that stand for?

I sure wish I could post as a "guest" so people wouldn't know who was venting all this crap and I am sure Doug does also.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/13/15 at 3:50 PM.

2/13/15, 4:18 PM   #24
El1teBr33ze

ILSS has a $2,000 to win race DURING race season in the MIDWEST and they won't have 40 cars. I'd actually be impressed with 30. I'm also not surprised that some Midwest drivers aren't coming because most never have and most won't travel more than 4 hours as it is. You can't be mad when these guys don't show up.

I'm hoping the best for your event, but I think 50 was a little too optimistic. As Craig said, luckily this wasn't a "primetime" event that people were heading to so they could see 50 cars. You're doing a great thing in running a race in February around all the big time Florida events already taking place. But take what you can get when guys are trying to get their stuff ready for April.

2/13/15, 4:30 PM   #25
cbaumeyer48

I was trying to make those neat little yellow guys.... Those things are so cool! Obviously that one didn't work!..... Is there one that looks like like a rocker banging his head?

1 member likes this post: DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dillon Buhr scores night #1 win at Gator Dirt Nationals