Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thorsen Language
7/30/21, 12:17 PM   #21
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
I wished I heard it. You must have been at a better angle from the speakers or the people around you were more quiet. We couldn’t hear anything. To many fans clapping, yelling, and taking which didn’t help either.
Bubba/Fella,maybe there was too much liquid sloshing around..just sayin..🤔
Take that w/ a grain of salt.🤯

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
7/30/21, 12:37 PM   #22
Re: Thorsen Language
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I am sure Thorson wishes he had chosen his words more carefully. It was heat of the moment. I think he can be given a break.
Voice of reason....

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/30/21, 12:43 PM   #23
HDbill

"the use of profanity is a clear indication of a poor education. That limited a persons vocabulary. And resulted in a failure to be able to communicate". Sadly this is common today. And we sit back and simply accept it. This is actually the same mindset that allows shop lifters to avoid prosecution. It is simply tolerated in many places today. Tolerance is a slippery slope. Am I the only one that was tired of the endless drivers saying "thanks to my crew that worked their asses off to get me here"; starting about 15 years ago? Is it just too hard to say something like "Thanks to my amazing crew. This win is for them"? I never heard this low level language from any of the really greats like the Unsers, Foyt, Andretti, Mears etc. for the public to hear. Same thing with lower lever champs like KO and Ray Bull. Shop talk back in the garage away from the public is something else. Demonstration of personal dignity would be an improvement. I stopped taking kids to "pro races" a long time ago.

6 members like this post: jonboat15, kinser, mod4s, PJ Wright, RACrappieman, stp6237
7/30/21, 12:47 PM   #24
DRFan87

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDbill View Post
"the use of profanity is a clear indication of a poor education. That limited a persons vocabulary. And resulted in a failure to be able to communicate". Sadly this is common today. And we sit back and simply accept it. This is actually the same mindset that allows shop lifters to avoid prosecution. It is simply tolerated in many places today. Tolerance is a slippery slope. Am I the only one that was tired of the endless drivers saying "thanks to my crew that worked their asses off to get me here"; starting about 15 years ago? Is it just too hard to say something like "Thanks to my amazing crew. This win is for them"? I never heard this low level language from any of the really greats like the Unsers, Foyt, Andretti, Mears etc. for the public to hear. Same thing with lower lever champs like KO and Ray Bull. Shop talk back in the garage away from the public is something else. Demonstration of personal dignity would be an improvement. I stopped taking kids to "pro races" a long time ago.
This is a joke right? Please tell me this is a joke.

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, nitrofunny, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
7/30/21, 12:53 PM   #25
ISF

Exactly what is a "boomer" and is it a demeaning and deprecatory term?

7/30/21, 1:35 PM   #26
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Bubba/Fella,maybe there was too much liquid sloshing around..just sayin..🤔
Take that w/ a grain of salt.🤯
Alcohol may affect my memory, but not my hearing. Think your the salty one after Jen won all the $$ See ya tonight Mister

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, racenut69, wildman92
7/30/21, 1:46 PM   #27
RACrappieman

I personally was not offended, taken back a little. I can assure you that if my son did that he would not like what happened. Same with my father to me. But to each their own. I’m human and can cuss with the best of em. I try not to or at least try not to do it around a lady or a child. I was mostly embarrassed for the 4 race fans that I introduced to the great sport we all love. They were excited to go and I was happy to take them. They happened to be a grandmother, grandfather and two granddaughters. The “f bomb came up with the grandfather this morning, I apologized and everyone will move on. Not the end of the world and off to Bloomington we go.

2 members like this post: kinser, tirespinner
7/30/21, 1:58 PM   #28
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Speaking of the announcer, she did a great job. Nothing in her excited interview would give anyone a clue that "her guy" had lost the race on the last lap. She deserved the "real professional" complement she earned from the announcers in the tower.

And, BTW, I like the current announcer, but if he were to leave, I'd give the job to her.

7/30/21, 2:43 PM   #29
Bill Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan View Post
Speaking of the announcer, she did a great job. Nothing in her excited interview would give anyone a clue that "her guy" had lost the race on the last lap. She deserved the "real professional" complement she earned from the announcers in the tower.

And, BTW, I like the current announcer, but if he were to leave, I'd give the job to her.
You probably didn't notice that when Thorsen said to Cristy I know he's your guy and went to put his hand on her shoulder she pushed it away. Not a big deal but I think she was pissed.

7 members like this post: Beinthecircle, ISF, RACrappieman, Rcar, Rob11, streetglider, tirespinner
7/30/21, 3:32 PM   #30
JHarris

It be Thorson

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thorsen Language