IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Turkey Night has gone cold and bitter
11/23/07, 3:37 PM   #1
Turkey Night has gone cold and bitter
Jackslash.com

Some of you might find this interesting.........

http://gojackslash.blogspot.com/2007...nd-bitter.html

Jackslash.com

11/23/07, 4:07 PM   #2
Re: Turkey Night has gone cold and bitter
Bubba Smith

Very well said. I think that's how many fans feel nowdays about the sport in general.:thumbsdown:

11/23/07, 4:11 PM   #3
stanfillsigns.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Smith View Post

Very well said. I think that's how many fans feel nowdays about the sport in general.:thumbsdown:

Well said Sean!! You should send that to National Speed Sport News

11/23/07, 4:44 PM   #4
Barney

I feel Eldora will suffer the same fate soon.:help::headbang::crying:

11/23/07, 4:54 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The racers ***** because they can't run for good money, The fans ***** when they do.

I felt a little ripped at the Hewitt Classic this year. Although the show paid well through the pack of each class, Only 30 cars or so showed up in each division and I think there was a 35 dollar sign on the pit gate that was quickly taken off and replaced with a 40 dollar one.

Make it exceptional or I'll just stick to Sat nights.
Chuck, who's felt this way about a great many things anymore besides racing, When you start to feel ripped off. IT ISN'T FUN ANYMORE!

11/23/07, 5:00 PM   #6
SprintFan

Quote:
why I announced Tony Jones as the "Western Sprint Car" point leader and Levi Jones as the "National point leader" during the Manzanita webcast. Well the class act that a certain Indiana based sanctioning body is, they have had no interest in what we are doing. It is truly sad.
Yeh, I heard that this certain based Indiana based sanctioning body didnt want any of their races shown Live by race/network.tv . That's crazy, why not try and promote your series and drivers. I watched the coverage of the western world and I thought it was awesome. I hope we get to see more Live races by them in 2008 !!

11/23/07, 5:06 PM   #7
Eagle14

Sean doesn't lie folks.. he is hardcore.....nice write-up Sean.... sad it had to be in that context though....

11/23/07, 5:48 PM   #8
Seadog

That's the wonderful part of life. It's full of choices. You have made your choice.

Your thing about "who are these people"...is the same thing I would say at a WoO race. I say maybe you are not keeping up with the times.

I'm sure you will be missed terribly there at Turkey Night next year, Mr. Robin Miller, Jr.

11/23/07, 7:09 PM   #9
dirtywhiteboy

This is the reality with openwheel racing in America. It has forgotten it's roots and let money and ******** come in and screw it up. ******** destroyed Indy (as well as some other things). I can only see that happening to midget racing as the years go by.

I am a huge Dave Darland fan and am happy beyond belief that he won.

I would love to see this race back on dirt. I am a dirt fan and have been for a long time. I do however love a good pavement race.

11/23/07, 7:15 PM   #10
chadsniffsmethanol

whoa, very well said...

"In Ascot's hay day, they had over 100 midgets show up for 30 spots in the show. 70 guys would load up. This was before ******** provisionals. The crowd was filled with dirt midget and dirt sprint car enthusiasts. You looked in the pits and you saw all the bad ass sprint and midget racers together under one roof. These weren't 16-23 year old thrillseekers, these were journeymen sprint and midget racers."

i couldn't agree more, being younger (24)...i would do anything to see those days when sprint fields were filled with cars and class like this...im very unhappy with the commercialized state that nascar has created in auto racing...they have run out all forms of open wheel racing, F1 wont even be back because its to difficult for the american market to comprehend.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Turkey Night has gone cold and bitter