IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2015 Schedules and Payouts
11/18/14, 4:40 PM   #1
2015 Schedules and Payouts
captrat

All this got me wondering as to how this compares to USAC seasonal awards. If, in fact, USAC is paying much less; then one has to ask- How can circuits which are essentially regional attract this kind of monetary support? Not looking for more USAC bashing or sarcasm, just reasoned thoughts and info.

11/18/14, 5:05 PM   #2
Re: 2015 Schedules and Payouts
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Paying less than what? USAC is 5g to win 500 to start.
All Stars 5g to win, 400 to start.

As far as Point fund, I have no idea.
I also don't know if or how much USAC pays in apperance $ for its top competitors.

I do know if your going to run those winged series. You better have two more 50g motors in your stable than the two or three needed in USAC.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, rapid robert, Seadog, Wayne Davis
11/18/14, 7:31 PM   #3
darnall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I do know if your going to run those winged series. You better have two more 50g motors in your stable than the two or three needed in USAC.
Not to mention you need to plan on replacing/lifeing out u-joints, ring and pinions, axles, driveshafts and other items 3 times as often.

The new NSL should really be turning some heads, but as good as it looks I don't see how anybody can be financially better off running anything winged versus nonwing. The NSL won't have near the travel USAC does, but wear and tear on the drivetrain will more than make up for the diesel fuel savings. I would imagine a big chunk of their shows will pay better than that minimum purse they posted, and their point fund is absolutely staggering... very similar to the WOO point fund other than the difference in championship payout.

I don't see the NSL or the Renegades putting a damper on non wing participation and quality of racing at all.

I do see the NSL taking some teams and shows away from the ASCS and other winged 360 groups. Winged 360 racing got to be almost every bit as expensive as winged 410 racing, and now that there is a regional 410 series with great payout per night and at year end right in the heart of 360 country I predict some big changes on the winged racing horizon in 2015.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirtball, Justigit, oldfan49
11/18/14, 7:43 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I could see it stealing some Mowa and ASCS and ASCOC team. Renagade stealing even more from ASCOC

11/18/14, 7:59 PM   #5
Daboy

In our area the 360's are suffering, but there is a local track that is going to run about half the nights and we also have the Minnesota Mafia in our neighborhood. I think some of us are going to get a decent 410, maybe a -12 head motor that you can get pretty reasonable and run some NSL races. A 850 hp -12 headed motor is not going to win on a track like Knoxville but on some of the bullrings you might have a chance of running upfront making some cash and not having the expense of a $50,000.00 All pro headed 10 show max engine. Also saving a little on the drivetrain components compared to the 950 hp plus ass pounders. What I do like about this NSL deal is you do not have to pay to become a member either.

11/18/14, 10:29 PM   #6
Flatrightrear

Guys get sponsors to help pay the bills so some of these expenses people are talking about are not all absorbed by the team. Plus, more race dates equals more chances to make money. USAC'S big money show at Perris is great but it's a 4,000 mile round trip from Indiana. Just think how many races the NSL, ASCoC, MOWA and the Renegades can hit without a big, expensive, time consuming trip like that. Some winged outfit ain't gonna make it but who will it be? The NSL seems strongest to me at this point as they run in a more isolated region and have the great point fund that will be paid, I'm sure.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2015 Schedules and Payouts