IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park - High Limit Racing - 35 Sprints signed in.
8/18/22, 10:06 PM   #81
Re: Lincoln Park - High Limit Racing - 35 Sprints signed in.
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
I didn't know that, he and his wife used to hang around Jack at Terre Haute.
Yes. I always thought he looked familiar. We got talking and he worked for a company that rebuilt pumps for us where I worked. It had been over 20 years since I had seen him.

8/18/22, 10:10 PM   #82
Vookie

He and his wife bought extra tickets from Jack. He and Jack got along because they both liked beer.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
8/19/22, 3:40 AM   #83
Scott Daloisio

Last I heard, Larry O was back to roller skating. Believe it or not he is a very talented skater.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin
8/19/22, 7:51 AM   #84
flagboy55

So gin was worried about this race hurting the car count at Jackson. They had 40 signed in up there. Hopefully he can rest easy now

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, Hustlin-Hoosier
8/19/22, 8:17 AM   #85
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
So gin was worried about this race hurting the car count at Jackson. They had 40 signed in up there. Hopefully he can rest easy now
He will find something to complain about. Full time victim.

8/19/22, 8:34 AM   #86
The Old Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Must be, even puts in a period every time he stops to catch up. 🙄
Let's put a PERIOD on this thread!

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
8/19/22, 8:42 AM   #87
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

8/19/22, 9:21 AM   #88
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

You tell me more. If you want guys to show up you can't kick them in the balls and expect them to come back. That guy still spent at least 200 on tires assuming he was running used crap, you still need to replace even junk tires. Methanol was at least 100, that engine still saw 200 dollars worth of wear, diesel was 300 if he came from any distance. Pit passes are probably another 75. If he came from any distance he probably had to take 2 days off of work. That car still required hours of washing and maintenance. A 410 (before the recent inflation) cost 1000 a night to run, for a team trying to keep costs low. That car also required a 40 hour a week commitment from the owner/ driver, on top of a 50 hour a week job, plus the commute to and from work. So tell me how that guy was too lazy to deserve more than $150, because he's not a "professional".

1 member likes this post: oldfan49
8/19/22, 9:22 AM   #89
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMA1181 View Post
Tell me more. This guy isn’t a professional racer, he’s out there as a hobby. Should he really expect to be paid for his hobby? If it’s his job, wouldn’t he ask what he is going to be paid and know what to expect no matter where he finishes?

I’ve never done a job in my life hoping they paid me what I wanted for the job. I knew what I was being paid before I ever loaded up my tools and went to work.
Previous post was a reply to this guy. And you wonder why car counts are dwindling.
Last edited by Rhody; 8/19/22 at 9:23 AM.

8/19/22, 12:57 PM   #90
JMA1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
You tell me more. If you want guys to show up you can't kick them in the balls and expect them to come back. That guy still spent at least 200 on tires assuming he was running used crap, you still need to replace even junk tires. Methanol was at least 100, that engine still saw 200 dollars worth of wear, diesel was 300 if he came from any distance. Pit passes are probably another 75. If he came from any distance he probably had to take 2 days off of work. That car still required hours of washing and maintenance. A 410 (before the recent inflation) cost 1000 a night to run, for a team trying to keep costs low. That car also required a 40 hour a week commitment from the owner/ driver, on top of a 50 hour a week job, plus the commute to and from work. So tell me how that guy was too lazy to deserve more than $150, because he's not a "professional".
Are we really worried about car counts though? Would more cars have made that show better? Are the large car counts for Sprint Week needing to be larger to make for a better show? Would more than the 50 or so cars that showed up at Putnamville for the two day show make it better?

I respect that guy for going out there and giving it a shot for being a local and probably not having much wing experience but I can’t justify a guy complaining about the pay when he can make a call and ask and decide to race or not based on the pay.

Just because someone is willing to put in the effort doesn’t mean they will get the winners purse when they don’t make the show. In racing, you have one winner, it’s as simple as that.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, OnTheHammer, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park - High Limit Racing - 35 Sprints signed in.