IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Larry Miller thread (back in the day)
11/15/12, 1:20 AM   #41
Re: The Larry Miller thread (back in the day)
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscs20 View Post
I thought that was Jerry Miller. He ran with us in the old Hoosier Sprint Association.

Posted via Mobile Device
The first two pics are of the Jerry Miller you are talking about I think. The wing shot is from Eldora in 1978 and the non-wing is from Terre Haute in 1981.

The next two pics are the Larry Miller this thread is about. The #2 posed shot is from Paragon in 1978 and the other is from Tampa, FL in 1973.

The final two pics are of the Larry Miller I was asking about. The winged shot is from Avilla in 1987 and the non-wing shot is from Eldora in 1991.

For all I really know, all the Larry Miller shots could be of the same guy. I just was thinking the Larry Miller this thread is about was retired by the time the final two pics were taken.
Attached Images
2222 001.JPG (403.3 KB, 66 views)
2222 003.JPG (361.2 KB, 64 views)
2222 004.JPG (367.7 KB, 70 views)
2222 005.JPG (418.5 KB, 67 views)
2222 009.JPG (357.3 KB, 68 views)
2222 011.JPG (357.5 KB, 70 views)

11/15/12, 11:46 AM   #42
aceace

http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.co...rry-miller-76/

TY, NSSN Dad was a long time subscriber

11/16/12, 10:17 AM   #43
Keith Ford

yes i still own Big Bertha, i just went to garage and looked where Larry Miller use to sit could feel his presence
Last edited by Keith Ford; 11/16/12 at 10:20 AM. Reason: add

3 members like this post: DaveP63, Jerry Shaw, ronmil
11/16/12, 10:22 AM   #44
Keith Ford

yes i still own Big Bertha, i just went to garage and looked where Larry Miller use to sit could feel his presence

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
11/16/12, 2:12 PM   #45
sprint19r

I was very saddened to hear of the passing of Larry, as many of you know my dad and Jerry had very many good racers in the gold deuce over the years and I can honestly say Larry was my favorite, he was my childhood hero. To this day I have never seen anyone handle a sprint car at Haubstadt as good as he could, He was simply the best. In 1972 Larry won 14 of 20 features at Haubstadt, along with many other wins at Paragon, Marion, and Benton Illinois. He will be missed.
Brad Rehlmeyer

4 members like this post: davidm, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, ronmil
11/16/12, 3:34 PM   #46
carsprint

I remember your dad very well, me and my brother Rex Mitchell raced with him and Karl at all the Indiana tracks, we also had a big block 454 chevy in our #1. We both were either 1st or 2nd in most feature races at Haubstadt with our big block chevy till Diz got rules changed to take our wings away.

Denny Mitchell
Last edited by carsprint; 1/25/13 at 1:49 AM. Reason: remove picture

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge
11/16/12, 5:39 PM   #47
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsprint View Post
I remember your dad very well, me and my brother Rex Mitchell raced with him and Karl at all the Indiana tracks, we also had a big block 454 chevy in our #1. We both were either 1st or 2nd in most feature races at Haubstadt with our big block chevy till Diz got rules changed to take our wings away.

Denny Mitchell
That's another one of those guys, Rex Mitchell, that was just an outstanding driver. I remember him winning a bunch of Paragon track championships. In those days, with the drivers that came to that place, that was an accomplishment that meant you were as tough as they come.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Larry Miller thread (back in the day)