IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown to have $10000 win
2/5/22, 3:19 AM   #11
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Due to work I probably will miss this weekend. That said, if I have the chance to go I will support the long standing Sprint car track not Sour Grapes Speedway.

2/5/22, 12:20 PM   #12
Re: Brownstown to have $10000 win
openwheelfan1

IMO, this is such a shame. Had the two organizations/tracks/promoters worked together, it could have resulted in two great paying races for the racers and likely, good crowds for each. Now, if both races run, the fields will get split and the fans will get split. Indiana has enough sprint cars to support both shows and enough fans to support both shows, but why should they have to choose?? This whole drama between the two promoting organizations/tracks is going to play out publicly on this forum and FB and ultimately is going to result in some bad blood and sides chosen by both racers and fans.

2/5/22, 1:56 PM   #13
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

If race fans need another choice on this date, you got it. Don't forget IRP is hosting their opening sprint / midget date on March 26th. Here's the details off their website:

We kick off the 2022 schedule on the oval with Open-Wheel Opening Day, a doubleheader of open-wheel action on Saturday, March 26! The National Pavement Midget Championship will make its debut with a 30-lap, $5,000 to win feature as well as the debut of the 500 Sprint Car Tour for their own 30-lap, $5,000 to win feature.

4:00 PM – Opening Ceremonies
4:15 PM – Sprint Car Race (30 Laps)
5:05 PM – Midget Race (30 Laps)

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, OnTheHammer
2/5/22, 2:57 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Kinda waited to see what is being said, but my 2 cents won't change a thing. But here goes.

Not against two bigger paying non sanctioned shows at all.
The way it's being done though seems like Bad Form in some ways, Mason brought the NWO to Brownstown several years ago. Seems they could not work out a equitable agreement so he decided to take his race elsewhere.

But also can see some of Brownstowns logic. this was a date they've been a sprint race when none others ran, Track needs to run something and the LM Dates are used up

The thing that upsets me is instead of two dates that pay well, Non sanctioned and more laps than most every other dirt sprint race save maybe the Amati. You have one date with two races that will dilute the field and fans. from both.

Several dates out there that could be ran and more than likely be successful. One of two Sprint week saturdays (Yeah chew me out for that suggestion) But it would be a heck of a payday for someone thats a weekly racer not doing USAC. Labor Day? I mean if Brownstown were to say go with fri before the NWO you'd have more cars, more fans and two dates teams could race for some $$

Personally, I'd back Mason if they're going to be same date Started it, didn't step on toes doing it., his idea, he somehow finds the $$ to hold it at great risk. Brought it to Brownstown in the first place, now needs another venue.

Chuck

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown to have $10000 win