IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 47 Midgets, 201 Pre-Entries Received For 2/13-14 Cowtown Speedway Opener!
2/8/09, 2:50 PM   #1
TONIGHT: Cowtown Midget/Mod/ASCS2 - Great Weather!
dmantx

Pre-entries for the February 13-14 Cowtown Midget Championships, ASCS2 & February Fast 50 has completely destroyed previous marks.

Currently there are 201 pre-entries from 11 states, including:

47 Midgets
50 Non-Winged ASCS2
41 Outlaw ASCS2
21 Modifieds
26 Limited Modifieds
16 Young Guns

A complete entry list is available on the track forum, here's the direct link: http://www.networxetc.net/cowtownBB/...pic.php?t=8144

2-day advance grandstand passes can be purchased through Thursday. Just click www.CowtownSpeedway.com to get yours for just $25!

And here's the latest forecast from NOAA.gov:

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 64. South southeast wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 63.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 58.
Last edited by dmantx; 2/13/09 at 8:36 AM.

2/8/09, 3:51 PM   #2
Re: 47 Midgets, 201 Pre-Entries Received For 2/13-14 Cowtown Speedway Opener!
ClaytonYeley

From JJ Yeley's fan email thing.

[quote]"JJ will be racing in the SMRS Open Wheel Maythem Midget race on February 13-14th for Cruz Pedregon at the Cowtown Speedway near Dallas, Texas.

Friday the gates open at 4 pm, Hot Laps begin at 6:30 pm, the race begins at 7 pm.
Saturday the gates/grandstands open at 1 pm, Hot Laps begin at 3:30, the race begins at 4 pm." [quote]:checkered:

2/8/09, 11:12 PM   #3
Texan

[QUOTE=ClaytonYeley;86320]From JJ Yeley's fan email thing.

[quote]"JJ will be racing in the SMRS Open Wheel Maythem Midget race on February 13-14th for Cruz Pedregon at the Cowtown Speedway near Dallas, Texas.

Friday the gates open at 4 pm, Hot Laps begin at 6:30 pm, the race begins at 7 pm.
Saturday the gates/grandstands open at 1 pm, Hot Laps begin at 3:30, the race begins at 4 pm."
Quote:
:checkered:
Won't he be at Daytona this weekend?

2/9/09, 10:50 AM   #4
ClaytonYeley

Won't he be at Daytona this weekend?[/QUOTE]

If something comes up in the next few days i'm sure he will be at Daytona ( it's looking slim though) so right now the plan looks like he will be in Texas.:nonwingfan:

2/9/09, 11:42 AM   #5
Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonYeley View Post
Won't he be at Daytona this weekend?
If something comes up in the next few days i'm sure he will be at Daytona ( it's looking slim though) so right now the plan looks like he will be in Texas.:nonwingfan:[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that for him but glad we might get to see him wheel a midget around the high banks of Cowtown.

2/10/09, 10:43 AM   #6
dmantx

As of Tuesday morning, there's no new surprises in the forecast. Still looking good. Just dress warmly - and remember - it's Valentine's Day weekend, so snuggling is encouraged anyway!

Thursday

Mostly Sunny Hi 70°F

Thursday Night

Partly Cloudy Lo 48°F

Friday

Mostly Sunny Hi 67°F

Friday Night

Partly Cloudy Lo 39°F

Saturday

Mostly Sunny Hi 55°F

And as a reminder, Saturday's championship events start at 4pm, so we'll be done by a decent time. Just B's and A's on Saturday night. And we always run the 'featured division' (in this case midgets) event first or second feature out.

More details from NOAA.gov can be found here:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2=-97.2191&e=0

2/13/09, 8:39 AM   #7
222 Pre-Entries To Cowtown Feb. 13-14 Championships!
dmantx

Here's some quick highlights for this weekend's City Vending Cowtown Midget Championships, February Fast 50 & ASCS2 kick-off:

FRIDAY:

Pits/stands open at 4pm, hot laps at 6:30, races at 7.

Forecast is for dry conditions, a high of 74 and a low of 52.

Racing consists of heats and twin or triple qualifying A-features in all classes. Midgets run heats, B's, and $1000/win A feature.

SATURDAY:

Forecast is for dry conditions, a high of 60 and a low of 50.

Pits/stands open at 1pm, autograph session with J.J. Yeley and Bryan Clauson at 3pm, hot laps at 3:30pm and races at 4.

Racing consists of B's and A features in all classes.

It's shaping up to be a great weekend of racing, fun and action at Cowtown Speedway; and we hope you can spend it with us!

2/9/10, 11:32 AM   #8
I'm trying to find a list of all the entries the last one say's 47 please help
tracracin

:2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmantx View Post
Pre-entries for the February 13-14 Cowtown Midget Championships, ASCS2 & February Fast 50 has completely destroyed previous marks.

Currently there are 201 pre-entries from 11 states, including:

47 Midgets
50 Non-Winged ASCS2
41 Outlaw ASCS2
21 Modifieds
26 Limited Modifieds
16 Young Guns

A complete entry list is available on the track forum, here's the direct link: http://www.networxetc.net/cowtownBB/...pic.php?t=8144

2-day advance grandstand passes can be purchased through Thursday. Just click www.CowtownSpeedway.com to get yours for just $25!

And here's the latest forecast from NOAA.gov:

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 64. South southeast wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 63.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 58.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

may i please see a updated entry list for the midgets.
Thank You!

2/9/10, 5:44 PM   #9
Re: I'm trying to find a list of all the entries the last one say's 47 please hel
YeleynSmoke

This thread had me Totally baffled! I finally figured it out! Its over a year OLD!!!

2/9/10, 5:55 PM   #10
Re: I'm trying to find a list of all the entries the last one say's 47 please hel
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeleynSmoke View Post
This thread had me Totally baffled! I finally figured it out! Its over a year OLD!!!
Well thats alrite Neil......caught me asleep as well!!.........

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 47 Midgets, 201 Pre-Entries Received For 2/13-14 Cowtown Speedway Opener!