IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts to Promoters in Illinois dirtrack scene
6/8/09, 10:28 PM   #11
Re: Thoughts to Promoters in Illinois dirtrack scene
SpfldMile

You are right about Jacksonville. I got there at seven and feared I missed some fun, but they were wheel packing and there were puddles along the inside of the track. Guess what, the track stayed good all night. Tracks that run Late models and winged sprints don't have to worry about as much moisture because those cars have so much downforce that they like a smooth, dry track. Mr. Shanks, I hope to see you up in central IL for sprintweek, it's always fun to see you run.

6/9/09, 12:10 AM   #12
eriksfloor2

It is not just in Illinois we have raced 14 times this year in Il. Wi. In. Oh. and Mo. And out of those 14 races only three times did i have to wash the car the other 11 simply blew the dust off. I was at j-ville friday night wish they would have been running are class that night.

6/9/09, 11:25 PM   #13
shanks39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpfldMile View Post
You are right about Jacksonville. I got there at seven and feared I missed some fun, but they were wheel packing and there were puddles along the inside of the track. Guess what, the track stayed good all night. Tracks that run Late models and winged sprints don't have to worry about as much moisture because those cars have so much downforce that they like a smooth, dry track. Mr. Shanks, I hope to see you up in central IL for sprintweek, it's always fun to see you run.
I would love to be there for IL Sprintweek but I have Doubleheader ball games tues, thurs, and friday. Have to be a dad for the week but will be at Danville Sat. for the Mass show.

Thanks,

Alex Shanks

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts to Promoters in Illinois dirtrack scene