IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS changes...
7/15/09, 7:44 AM   #51
Re: LPS changes...
Knoke77

In 1998 we ran a lot at LPS and man the competition was tough as hell.

Kevin Thomas, Tony Elliot, Brad Fox, DD, Hayden, Robbie Rice, Justin Marvel, Brandon Petty, Kent Christian, Derek Davidson, Kevin Miller. Not a slow driver in the bunch. Every afternoon when we would pull in I knew I was going to be facing the toughest Indiana sprintcar drivers around.

The first night we went up there I left wondering what the heck I got myself into. Had to qualify, then figure out how the heck to run the huge curb that would always develop through turns 3 & 4. I ran a lot of B-mains that year and tore up a lot of floor pans on that monster curb/cushion.

7/15/09, 8:38 AM   #52
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Didn't you used to be a promoter somewhere in the past few years?
No, you must be thinking of someone else. The only thing I have helped promote is a Demolition derby that a buddy of mine was promoting up in Michigan. I'm just addicted to racing like everyone else is that is on this board as well as demolition derbies.

7/15/09, 10:59 AM   #53
JMar47

Bill, Thanks for this one. I never new Uncle Billy finished 10th in points that yr. And Dad had 3 wins. I was only 4yrs old back then.

7/15/09, 2:52 PM   #54
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMar47 View Post
Bill, Thanks for this one. I never new Uncle Billy finished 10th in points that yr. And Dad had 3 wins. I was only 4yrs old back then.
NP! There were a few guys that had more points but if you didn't attend at least 51% of the races you didn't qualify for the points championship.

7/19/09, 4:27 PM   #55
VSneader2

Just wondering if there were any changes seen last night. I know last night was DA last race but didnt know if Joe had gotten in there to start cleaning things up yet.

7/19/09, 8:17 PM   #56
RATHER B RACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed service View Post
Everything is coming into prospective now....Bill, Grew up in Putnamville and his good friend Is Brian Hayden Poor guy! lmao
People don't let that Bill lie to you guy.He has no friends. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/22/09, 10:24 PM   #57
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

anynore of the old prints programs bill..love lookin at the drivers
Posted via Mobile Device

7/23/09, 12:02 AM   #58
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Walls, Yeah... mainly from the 80's... I just haven't gotten around to posting them. I will try to get to them soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATHER B RACING View Post
People don't let that Bill lie to you guy.He has no friends. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uhhh. Rusty... everyone already knew that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSneader2 View Post
Just wondering if there were any changes seen last night. I know last night was DA last race but didnt know if Joe had gotten in there to start cleaning things up yet.
yes, there has been alot of cleaning and routine maintenance already done... more to come. That is from Spiker himself.

7/23/09, 6:16 AM   #59
Redwood17257

I've got to admit that the beauty that Joe has already done is in some of the smaller things that make a large difference. The bathrooms were re-done with new fixtures and cleaned up last Saturday, plus the front stretch concession stand was re-painted and cleaned immaculately. A beautiful site to the fans I'm sure, but I gotta admit, my heart swelled like the Grinch's when I saw the banner ad at the top of this beautiful site!! Advertising!! YAY!! I love it and I've got fingers crossed for 40 cars at the Putnamville Clash!! Plus, a D.O. sighting would be wonderful as well, I do miss his familiar silhouette gracing the top of the pressbox!!

7/23/09, 10:10 AM   #60
VSneader2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood17257 View Post
I've got to admit that the beauty that Joe has already done is in some of the smaller things that make a large difference. The bathrooms were re-done with new fixtures and cleaned up last Saturday, plus the front stretch concession stand was re-painted and cleaned immaculately. A beautiful site to the fans I'm sure, but I gotta admit, my heart swelled like the Grinch's when I saw the banner ad at the top of this beautiful site!! Advertising!! YAY!! I love it and I've got fingers crossed for 40 cars at the Putnamville Clash!! Plus, a D.O. sighting would be wonderful as well, I do miss his familiar silhouette gracing the top of the pressbox!!
thats good to hear. any chance of the old ticket booth in turn 4 getting torn down or atleast fixed up and used. it has been an eyesore for many years. I will have to try to make it over there in my limited time away from work before the season ends.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS changes...