IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson in a Late Model. Tested a Longhorn & Rumley #6. Pics.
8/17/20, 8:56 PM   #1
Larson in a Late Model. Tested a Longhorn & Rumley #6. Pics.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

This test was kept a secret to many. No Joke. 2 Pictures below.
Kyle Larson tested on of the Longhorn Chassis house cars with veteran owner and crew chief Kevin Rumley and his #6 car. You could see him soon and some bigger events. This was the same team Jonathan Davenport won the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series championship with in 2015.

For those that are interested I thought I'd share the pictures.

Larson - Rumley - #6 car

Last edited by nathans1012; 8/17/20 at 9:03 PM.

8/17/20, 10:04 PM   #2
openwheelfan1

I wonder if Larson is testing a LM because he is going to be invited to the Eldora streaming LM race that is going to be run in place of the canceled World 100? Hmmmm?!

8/17/20, 10:22 PM   #3
flagboy55

I think someone is having some fun with us

8/17/20, 10:34 PM   #4
Re: Larson in a Late Model. Tested a Longhorn & Rumley #6. P
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
I wonder if Larson is testing a LM because he is going to be invited to the Eldora streaming LM race that is going to be run in place of the canceled World 100? Hmmmm?!
No he wasn't invited.

8/17/20, 10:41 PM   #5
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I think someone is having some fun with us
No Joke. He stated a few weeks back he's like to run the Dirt Track World Championship race at Portsmouth Raceway Park in October. He will likely be running some special events. He stated last year the the Dome race in St. Louis he would like to try one. This has been a few months in the making but no one could figure out what team he would be testing with. I hope he does well. I've always believed Sprint Cars are mostly driver talent. Late Models are Mostly mechanical now a days versus back in the 1990's but a good driver does help. I like others will have my eyes on this when he does race. If your a race fan this could be very cool to see. He may not win right away but I think with seat time he will be good. Guess will all see soon enough.

3 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, EBookerFan, jim goerge
8/18/20, 3:20 AM   #6
nathans1012

Looks like Larson could be at Port Royal Speedway for the Lucas Oil Series races. If that’s the case then we’ll all get to see how he does. Sure he will have a learning curve but I don’t think it will take him to long to figure it out. To what degree how fast he catches on don’t know but late models are quite different from open wheel cars. Most of it is set up driven, mechanical, and knowledge of the cars and how they handle with different track conditions.

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, jim goerge
8/18/20, 5:11 AM   #7
jim goerge

I can understand him running tin tops cuz they have a lot of big money races talking bout races paying 20 thousand or more. Sure wish our non wing races paid like that

8/18/20, 10:17 AM   #8
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
Looks like Larson could be at Port Royal Speedway for the Lucas Oil Series races. If that’s the case then we’ll all get to see how he does. Sure he will have a learning curve but I don’t think it will take him to long to figure it out. To what degree how fast he catches on don’t know but late models are quite different from open wheel cars. Most of it is set up driven, mechanical, and knowledge of the cars and how they handle with different track conditions.
As I recall Larson ran at least one of the virtual late model races this spring. I know it's not the same, but I suspect he was intrigued by the possibility of running one live. And now, he needs to be out there making money. This is another source of income. I don't doubt he would do well.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, nathans1012
8/18/20, 11:19 AM   #9
EBookerFan

Larson had a good WOO week at Knoxville. Finished first, second and first, ran 80 feature laps and grossed $67,000. Great money for a sprinter, maybe for a late model driver also.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, nathans1012
8/18/20, 9:30 PM   #10
opnwhlmnd

Just in August and counting only race wins Larson won $26,000 at Plymouth, WI, $20,000 at Pevely, MO, and $60,000 at Knoxville.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson in a Late Model. Tested a Longhorn & Rumley #6. Pics.