IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 74th Turkey night Grand Prix discussion thread
11/28/14, 10:10 PM   #91
Re: 74th Turkey night Grand Prix discussion thread
Steve Wendel

The part that confuses me every year is they drag the midgets to the west coast to run 98 laps and they cant run 100 laps at Terre Haute,does two laps make that much difference????

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
11/28/14, 10:56 PM   #92
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wendel View Post
The part that confuses me every year is they drag the midgets to the west coast to run 98 laps and they cant run 100 laps at Terre Haute,does two laps make that much difference????
They dont run for 20 grand at Terre Haute either.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
11/29/14, 12:22 AM   #93
Koonzee

All in all I think it beat watching the Cowboys,they had a good 3 hours downtime.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cleatziff, mc/rider, racefan20
11/29/14, 9:48 AM   #94
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wendel View Post
The other thing is that while both are advertized as being 1/2 mile ovals PAS MIGHT be 1/2 around the top of the outside guardrail and THAT is probably 1/2 mile on the pole, so it isn't so much 98 laps vs. 100, but how long you gotta hold her wide open each lap...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

11/29/14, 1:17 PM   #95
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
The other thing is that while both are advertized as being 1/2 mile ovals PAS MIGHT be 1/2 around the top of the outside guardrail and THAT is probably 1/2 mile on the pole, so it isn't so much 98 laps vs. 100, but how long you gotta hold her wide open each lap...
Good point. I've measured both tracks on Google Earth and Perris, if measured all the way out by the wall, isn't a true half mile and THAT is longer than 2640' even if measured in the center of the track.

11/29/14, 8:17 PM   #96
badcoupe

I thought it looked kinda small on the video, the turns are as wide as the straights are long.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 74th Turkey night Grand Prix discussion thread