Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg
7/11/16, 12:15 PM   #31
Re: Lawrenceburg
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsboro View Post
I saw one fine upstanding older guy rocking the iow shirt.... but was too stuck in the middle of the row to do anything about it...who??
Probaby Danny Burton. But there were several IOW shirts in attendance.

Wasn't me, I sported my IOW shirt in Ohio Saturday and my BOSS shirt in Indiana Like I used to do when I was a Roller Coaster nut, I'd wear one parks shirt at a competing park. It gets people asking and questioning about it, who often don't know about the others.

BTW, Im in need of new shirts of both if I can find em again in my size. Or get down to a size that will fit me The latter being prefferable

Thanks for coming out Birdsboro, Glad you had a great time!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/11/16 at 12:19 PM.

7/11/16, 1:20 PM   #32
DHayes818

Great races. Great track. Great night. Don't believe the negatives.

Why is Chad so freaking loud? He had my kidney stones and gallstones banging into each other.

3 laps to go in a great feature and dozens of people jump to their feet and run for the exits. WTH was that?

2 members like this post: smith19, tirespinner
7/11/16, 1:41 PM   #33
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHayes818 View Post
3 laps to go in a great feature and dozens of people jump to their feet and run for the exits. WTH was that?
We've only left a track early twice - last night and last year at Burg for ISW. Nothing to do with the track. We sit in turn 4 which is furthest away from our truck and we were driving back home to Bloomington last night. Had we waited until the checkers we would've sat in the lot for 1/2 hour. So that was our reason. Otherwise, we do not leave early. But I see people leave early all the time too and I wonder why.

7/11/16, 2:29 PM   #34
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

In spite of my premature cancelling of the LPS bus trip due to my anticipated lack of electrical power at home through perhaps late Sunday and driving the 450 miles, my friend and I had a good time. We were especially pleased to see Kyle Cummins advance in the feature. There were other great battles during the feature.
I hope Joe Spiker does the bus trip again next year. The location was perfect for a southern Indiana race fan, and the only one that makes sense. I know it would have meant driving about 300 miles round trip to take the bus, but that is less than 450 miles round trip when driving directly from Evansville to Lawrenceburg. The location was also good for fans in other areas, as I talked to fans from Lafayette and Crawfordsville. Hope the rest of ISW is at least as good as what has already taken place. I will be present for the rest of them, commuting from my home base.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, luckybuc97, smith19
7/11/16, 2:48 PM   #35
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
We've only left a track early twice - last night and last year at Burg for ISW. Nothing to do with the track. We sit in turn 4 which is furthest away from our truck and we were driving back home to Bloomington last night. Had we waited until the checkers we would've sat in the lot for 1/2 hour. So that was our reason. Otherwise, we do not leave early. But I see people leave early all the time too and I wonder why.
Jen,
We stayed until the end and I even stopped at the restroom on the way out. My friend carried our equipment and had it ready to put in when I popped the trunk lid while walking to the car. I immediately started the car and began easing my way out. One of the biggest problems when leaving any track after a well attended event is the possibility of running over a pedestrian. As I was almost to the gate to the outer parking lot, a drunk almost walked into the side of my car. At Indianapolis Motor Speedway, pedestrians are requested to walk on the sides, and leave the center of the driving lanes, whether it is in the Speedway lot, or the streets, available only to cars, and it works well. I know the short tracks aren't IMS, but if folks would try to stay more to the sides, I believe traffic flow would improve. Another pet peeve is drivers who attempt to dive bomb their way into the traffic line. Perhaps someone to direct the traffic at the gate to the outer parking lot is needed, as traffic from three different directions is converging, and that seems to be the biggest problem area.
Well, that is my $.02 on that!

1 member likes this post: wildman92
7/11/16, 2:59 PM   #36
revjimk

Quote:
I wonder why too. If you're in such a hurry to get home, why even go? I'm all relaxed & unhurried when I leave, even listen to classical music to mellow out....
On the way to the track, I'm an impatient Noo Yawka!

7/11/16, 3:20 PM   #37
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
I wonder why too. If you're in such a hurry to get home, why even go? I'm all relaxed & unhurried when I leave, even listen to classical music to mellow out....
On the way to the track, I'm an impatient Noo Yawka!
We've gone to many IU basketball games and are always amazed at people who leave early. Doesn't matter whether we are up 20 or down 20, we stay till the end. Like I said we've only left a track before the checkered twice and it was just so we could get going knowing we had a long drive ahead of us and staying overnight wasn't an option. To each their own through I guess. 🏁

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, ronmil
7/11/16, 4:55 PM   #38
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
We've gone to many IU basketball games and are always amazed at people who leave early. Doesn't matter whether we are up 20 or down 20, we stay till the end. Like I said we've only left a track before the checkered twice and it was just so we could get going knowing we had a long drive ahead of us and staying overnight wasn't an option. To each their own through I guess. 🏁
Can't we all just get along. Unbelievable. Thanks.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg