IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More competitive sprint car racing
7/29/09, 8:06 PM   #1
More competitive sprint car racing
HoosierDirt

why dont they start a series im southern Indiana for the burg where its more affordable and competitive like a crate motor or 350 sprint car series or class at the burg and other tracks ..tire rules and what ever else to make it more competitive

please give your comment on this

7/29/09, 8:17 PM   #2
Re: More competitive sprint car racing
turn4rob

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! too many classes already,I say run what ya brung
ROB

7/29/09, 8:34 PM   #3
slide22

Crate engine classes historically are hard to get started and take off. Plus it is possible to break the seals on these engines and reseal them. Maybe something like a 305 or 358 class, but not crate engines.

7/29/09, 8:38 PM   #4
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Car counts right now are fragile anyway. Why cut the pie into more pieces? Saturday night non wing sprint car racing is divided among Lawrenceburg, Waynesfield, Paragon, Lincoln Park and Vermilion County right now. Throw in a special show such as USAC, MSCS or SCORA at Tri State, Terre Haute or Eldora and you have even more choices. How do you figure that it would be more competitive dividing the car counts already out there? If someone can't afford a 410 sprint car what makes you think they can afford a 350? Where would the additional fans support come from?

The crate late model's haven't exactly taken the midwest by storm. I don't follow them that closely but I don't hear that much about them and car counts have been low when I have seen them. If fact I think Twin Cities ran them for a while and dropped them. I might be wrong so we need help in the area. Calling resident IOW late model expert Chris Nunn to the table! Chris, what about the crate late model movement? Can a couple of southen Indiana race tracks afford to take that chance?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/29/09, 9:51 PM   #5
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

What's with all the 350, 305 talkRun a sprint car if you can afford to,if not run a modified,street stock,thunder car,bomber, or what ever you can afford.RACING IS NOT CHEAP IN ANY CLASS,STATE OR COUNTRY!Someone will always have a bigger trailer,more spares, better equipment.LET INDIANA SPRINT CAR RACING THE WAY IT IS

1 member likes this post: SteveD
7/29/09, 10:15 PM   #6
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

ive seen more side by side finshes this year than i ever have. kokomo gascity bloomington. they"ve all had side by side finshes.

1 member likes this post: SteveD
7/29/09, 10:19 PM   #7
throb

how many times are we going to beat this dead horse???? why would you start up a different series when you are pulling decent car counts already........seems pointless to me....although i do like the idea of the scora deal, primarily because i am a low buck racer, its only barely getting by.......i would be supprised to see it last another year........sad...but thats the deal!

7/29/09, 10:28 PM   #8
mini27

what does the pa 358 guys pay for motors? and what horsepower do they make?

7/29/09, 10:32 PM   #9
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Some of them guys are paying 30 grand for motors to run for 1,200.Sounds like a good deal

7/30/09, 1:48 AM   #10
slide22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
What's with all the 350, 305 talkRun a sprint car if you can afford to,if not run a modified,street stock,thunder car,bomber, or what ever you can afford.RACING IS NOT CHEAP IN ANY CLASS,STATE OR COUNTRY!Someone will always have a bigger trailer,more spares, better equipment.LET INDIANA SPRINT CAR RACING THE WAY IT IS
Actually the 305 deal at Fremont/Attica is pretty cool. 30-40 cars each night, and alot of times better racing than the 410's.

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More competitive sprint car racing