IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Support Gas City
5/2/15, 12:26 PM   #1
Support Gas City
racephoto1

I watched all winter here, as people complained that Gas City wasn't running, and then they were running a limited schedule. The O'Connors step up , take a big risk , and put on some races there. The first race was last night, and the weather was great, track was the best I've ever seen prep wise. Racing was great too. Trouble was the crowd. It was too small.

Instead of complaining about the limited schedule, go there when they race. If you like Gas City as much as you say you do , when your on this forum, prove it. Don't just pound the keyboard, go to the track. Show people you support the events there. Give people a reason to keep it open, don't make it a," I remember when they raced there" place.

I want to thank the O'Connors for taking the risk to run there, just show up at the races there, and show them you appreciate what they're doing to.

5/2/15, 12:43 PM   #2
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

I had fun at Gas City last night. The stands were about 2/3 full, but I expected more people.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, nathans1012
5/2/15, 1:18 PM   #3
Nate

Agreed, thought there would be more people. Other than that the track was great, good racing and a good amount of cars. Only gripe I have is beer prices went up but I'll gladly pay an extra buck to support Gas City and keep that track open.

5/2/15, 3:27 PM   #4
Re: Support Gas City
PJ Wright

I sure hope this works out. It would have been great if the stands were FULL, but if they were even 2/3s full, that's not too bad IMO.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

5/2/15, 4:50 PM   #5
JarrettFarms73

I went into the night cautiously optimistic knowing the uphill challenge the O'Connors are facing, especially w/ the surface. I left extremely optimistic about the future of Gas City! If you told me I'd see a
full sprint show that had a good, if not great surface all night w/out doing any additional prep after the initial roll in, I'd ask if we're talking about the same track. Walked away very pleased.

Side note. My brother and I sat next to a guy from eastern PA that couldn't wait for the Eastern Storm so he made the trip over. "Buzz" if you read this, it was awesome talking to you. Hope you made it to Montpelier. Safe travels! ~ the Moreland Brothers

5/4/15, 10:00 AM   #6
Pitpass

Great night for Gas City re-opening. Weather was perfect, track conditions were awesome, great field of quality cars and some fantastic racing. Looking forward to the 15th "May Meltdown" with the USAC NAtional Sprint Cars. The KISS show was only a preview of what to expect in a couple weeks. DONT MISS THIS ONE!

Here are some pics from the KISS show
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pitpa...20?pnref=story

4 members like this post: jim goerge, racing2bwithu2, rapid robert, Ricks Pics
5/4/15, 12:29 PM   #7
dshort36

Well as i do appreciate any chance to race and the work it takes to prepare for and event i must have been at a different gas city than most of you.. the track conditions were horrible to put it mildly. to wet to rough and very dangerous.. i believe it claimed at least 8 cars in flips or bad crashes.. all though may be exciting for the fans but dangerous for the drivers and hard on the pocketbooks.. on the other hand i thought kokomo was really great .. tacky or slick doesnt matter as long as the surface is smooth and when a track is over watered like gas city was you are going to have holes and ruts..
again we always appreciate a place to race and the efforts put into it.
by the way montpielier did a great job and i was impressed by their facilities

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, kcarm92
5/4/15, 5:04 PM   #8
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshort36 View Post
Well as i do appreciate any chance to race and the work it takes to prepare for and event i must have been at a different gas city than most of you.. the track conditions were horrible to put it mildly. to wet to rough and very dangerous.. i believe it claimed at least 8 cars in flips or bad crashes.. all though may be exciting for the fans but dangerous for the drivers and hard on the pocketbooks.. on the other hand i thought kokomo was really great .. tacky or slick doesnt matter as long as the surface is smooth and when a track is over watered like gas city was you are going to have holes and ruts..
again we always appreciate a place to race and the efforts put into it.
by the way montpielier did a great job and i was impressed by their facilities
Just because you have a rare night when you were uncompetitive, doesn't mean that it was unsafe. I talked to a driver last night at Kokomo who flipped Friday night. He blamed himself, not the track. Sorry for your terrible luck at Kokomo.

5/5/15, 7:50 AM   #9
dshort36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Just because you have a rare night when you were uncompetitive, doesn't mean that it was unsafe. I talked to a driver last night at Kokomo who flipped Friday night. He blamed himself, not the track. Sorry for your terrible luck at Kokomo.
has nothing to do with where we started or finished ..has to do with observations of track conditions and amount of cars destroyed and or damaged badly..just glad no one was hurt .

5/5/15, 8:58 AM   #10
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

Its a new track and completely different surface than kokomo..the O'Conner's are smart they will get it figured out. I thought the racing was good. It got a little rough but most tracks, especially the first race out, have been rougher than normal. Car count wise probably the biggest count in at least 3 years and for everything that was going on around the area I thought the crowd was very good. To me the future looks bright. I'm just glad I have that race track in my hometown and its open!.

Tyler

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Support Gas City