IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winter Nationals
1/30/11, 8:29 PM   #11
Re: Winter Nationals
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Just got back home from the Illini State. An entertaining evening at the Mini Mile. Always a good day when you can see racing in January. Thanks again PowrI.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1/30/11, 9:44 PM   #12
illiNOISE

Congrats to Felker and Knepper for putting on a heck of a battle for the win, and congrats to POWRi for putting on a very quick program. (Although I do wish they would've done some track work before the 1200s feature, as the uprights didn't have much to race on in their main.)

I also liked the format with the qualifers used to transfer drivers to the feature, instead of running a bunch of C and B-mains.

But what I REALLY liked was the co-operation provided by Mother Nature. That had to be one of the warmest winter nights I've spent in the Southern Illinois Center. Especially since it sounds like the weather is REALLY about to take a turn for the worst.

3 members like this post: K-Dawg30, Mud Packer, skids59
1/30/11, 11:51 PM   #13
K-Dawg30

Racing was a lot better than the Battle @ the Center....the track was worked better IMO...had an upper and lower groove for a while. Great race by Felker & Knepper!

1/31/11, 12:13 AM   #14
skids59

I have to agree. I thought the racing was a lot better than what we saw in December. I have a feeling that it did not go unnoticed by Kenny and crew. We should have a fantastic show in March. J.B. Gilbert was a pleasant surprise for me in the micros, as was Doug Johnson in the mini-sprint feature. He hit his mark lap after lap, pretty impressive. Congarts to Andrew Felker and Nick Knepper, they put on a heck of a show.

2/13/11, 6:30 PM   #15
doug johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids59 View Post
I have to agree. I thought the racing was a lot better than what we saw in December. I have a feeling that it did not go unnoticed by Kenny and crew. We should have a fantastic show in March. J.B. Gilbert was a pleasant surprise for me in the micros, as was Doug Johnson in the mini-sprint feature. He hit his mark lap after lap, pretty impressive. Congarts to Andrew Felker and Nick Knepper, they put on a heck of a show.
I appreciate the complement but you have to hit your mark when you run with a 600 cc in a 1200 cc class.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winter Nationals