IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lets Build the Silver Crown Cars Up
9/14/09, 9:16 PM   #1
Lets Build the Silver Crown Cars Up
onthegas7j

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 31

So I know I have made it known many times, that i LOVE the silver Crown cars. What would it take to build the series what do you guys think? I would love to find a way to bring back Syracuse, bring back the Hulman, bring back the Sumar, go back to Knoxville, Memphis, Gateway, hell maybe a second date at Duquoin, Springfield, Eldora... And dont give me this schedualing BS what says that when the sprinters open their season in April you can't make that a double show, add the sprints or Midgets with them so you keep events... dont schedual a sprint show at the burg when you know their gonna be running at Springfield same day, if you still want a sprint date that day, their always talking about increasing their turn out, Morgan County aint far, neither is Farmer City, or Danville... I've gone from Springfield to Danville in one day, and made it in time for Qualifying back when me and my dad ran the parts shack back in the late ninties earlier part of the decade... Duquoin same deal, granite city's not far, Highland, hell the Wednesday show at Macon for the Midgets, make it a joint PowerI USAC show, i know all this is easier said than done, but hell if i wasnt stuck here in the A hole of the world I'd be up to do whatever it took thats how much i love these cars:30:

9/14/09, 9:33 PM   #2
Re: Lets Build the Silver Crown Cars Up
old timer

Bring up the payout from the bottom up and you will see a lot of interest and cars ,with the cars come the fans it's a simple fix for champ and sprint cars both.

9/14/09, 9:57 PM   #3
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

I'd love to see more Silver Crown races, double headers is were it's at. Schedule more, more people come, the more money you can give

9/14/09, 10:18 PM   #4
JordanBlanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Bring up the payout from the bottom up and you will see a lot of interest and cars ,with the cars come the fans it's a simple fix for champ and sprint cars both.
Wouldn't it be awesome if, after paying a driver, you could come close to breaking even on your variable costs (like methanol, fuel for the truck, tires, entry fees) from A-main start money? Maybe there would be more guys who would like to be involved in racing actually putting cars together and putting drivers in those cars.

9/15/09, 1:43 AM   #5
racephoto1

Calling Dave Rudisell, bring 'em to the Burg. The back straight is no narrower then Syracuse, and you have the widest turns in dirt racing. I say bring'em on.

2 members like this post: ClaytonYeley, mtek56
9/15/09, 7:21 AM   #6
midget96

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
Calling Dave Rudisell, bring 'em to the Burg. The back straight is no narrower then Syracuse, and you have the widest turns in dirt racing. I say bring'em on.
Man would that be great ! The SC cars at the burg. WOW just think about that. Dave lets go!

9/15/09, 7:56 AM   #7
SteveD

Bring back One Eye Jack ........Mr Excitement , Two groove track prep could'nt hurt.
Last edited by SteveD; 9/16/09 at 11:30 AM.

9/15/09, 8:13 AM   #8
JohnnyB

[QUOTE=onthegas7j;135116] dont schedual a sprint show at the burg when you know their gonna be running at Springfield same day, if you still want a sprint date that day, their always talking about increasing their turn out, Morgan County aint far, neither is Farmer City, or Danville...

Lincoln Speedway is only 25 minutes from Springfield. I'm thinking USAC sprint & midget show! How cool would that be after the mile. Three classes one day.

John Barrick

9/15/09, 9:24 AM   #9
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
calling dave rudisell, bring 'em to the burg. The back straight is no narrower then syracuse, and you have the widest turns in dirt racing. I say bring'em on.
no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 member likes this post: Hubie
9/15/09, 9:51 AM   #10

As much as I love the crown cars and I love lawrenceburg, that would be an abysmal failure. Those cars are way too long & heavy to be very racy on a tacky 'burg-they'd be lucky to get them to turn until the track slicked off. That said, I'd probably be there just out of curiousity!

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lets Build the Silver Crown Cars Up