Re: Flora, Illinois
dirtracefan

Way to go Levi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

9/7/08, 2:20 PM   #42
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

Clay County Speedway was a pleasant surprise. It was a little dusty but I thought pretty good all around. No doubt that Levi was the fastest car but Hud will get one of these soon. He really held off Levi for a while but the yellows didn't help him.

I hope Jerry Ruble is ok.

It was nice to see other IOW people there.

It was good talking to MCSC announcer Racin' Jason Adams again. He has always been a pleasure to talk to.

If MSCS goes back next year, I am sure we will come over again from Bloomington.

9/7/08, 9:23 PM   #43
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the racing. It did get dusty late in the program, but the racing was good in all divisions. We stayed for the modified feature and that was a terrific race also, with Chris Fuller eking out a narrow victory after a race long battle with Brian Shaw. One of the reasons I stayed for the modifieds was to see Jay Jones perform. I've always enjoyed watching Jay Jones at Haubstadt, but his appearances there are rather infrequent lately. His hard charging rim riding style is always fun to watch. Unfortunately a flat left rear ended Jay's race early. It appears also that some of the current front runners have a horsepower advantage over Jay's #55. Hope to see him get back to his front running ways again soon.
I will return again next year if the sprints are scheduled. It is a rather pleasant drive to the track from Evansville and the track amenities are acceptable. (Well, the restrooms could use some updating, but I guess I've seen worse).

9/7/08, 9:52 PM   #44
dirtracefan

ron, Jay has had motor problems all year long. And they haven't gone to Haubstadt when Flora has been racing either. He has had one crappy year.But that is how it falls at times in racing. But all in all he has had a long racing year with motor problems. Hopefully he can get it all straightened out. I think he is ready for this season to be over.LOL

9/7/08, 10:19 PM   #45
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
(Well, the restrooms could use some updating, but I guess I've seen worse).
I've seen some pretty crappy bathrooms too (Paragon, Putnamville) but at least those bathrooms have SINKS!!! I quickly regretted drinking those Diet Pepsis out in the parking lot!! :doh:

9/7/08, 11:14 PM   #46
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
I've seen some pretty crappy bathrooms too (Paragon, Putnamville) but at least those bathrooms have SINKS!!! I quickly regretted drinking those Diet Pepsis out in the parking lot!! :doh:
Yes, it's been a long time since I have seen a race track without a place to wash your hands. Considering the relative newness of this facility, that is unusual.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flora, Illinois