IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Yeley Sets Prelude Record
6/4/08, 10:27 PM   #1
Yeley Sets Prelude Record
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

I think he has spun more times tonight than I have seen anyone spin at a dirt track

6/4/08, 10:31 PM   #2
Re: Yeley Sets Prelude Record
Chris Nunn

and he spins again...and goes pitside

6/5/08, 12:02 AM   #3
jd1sprint

Race Count This Year: 6

yeah he was wearing me out...bobby labonte was doin his part trying to keep up with yeleys spin count.

6/5/08, 12:12 AM   #4
Chris Nunn

I think the final score ended up

Yeley- 4
Labonte- 3

6/5/08, 8:53 AM   #5

really sad considering labonte was driveing Earl Pearson's car, last years lucus oil champion. You would think the best team on dirt could get him a decent car

6/5/08, 8:56 AM   #6
smbpreformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
really sad considering labonte was driveing Earl Pearson's car, last years lucus oil champion. You would think the best team on dirt could get him a decent car

I think Labonte owns Pearson's team so he most likely have the pick of what ever car in te shop he wanted

6/5/08, 9:04 AM   #7
Shawn

I didn't get a chance to watch it, but I will soon...

Yes, Bobby Labonte Racing is the team that Earl Pearson, Jr. drives for in the Late Models. Also, I kind of figured that Robby Gordon would do well, since he was in Bloomquist's equipment, I'm pretty sure. Of course, Robby has always had some talent, too. Finally, it was good to see Kyle Busch not be towards the front, like last year. All of the talent in the world, but not one ounce of a personality...

6/5/08, 10:27 AM   #8
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

I've been negative on Eldora's dirt in recent years but I will say the dirt never once was a factor. What a refreshing change of pace.

Thoughts...

Did anyone else hear Larry on the PA 20 times tell everyone to turn right out of the their respective parking lots? Did anyone turn right out of their lot? Between the muddy lots and people turning left and right....:headbang

I cut my teeth as a kid watching Tommy Helfrich lay the wood to the competition each and every Sunday at Tri State so I have alot of respect for that nitch in racing so it was nice to see the cabs as a change of pace.

Did Smoke ever lift the throttle in the main? That was a most impressive run.

And what about Robby Gordon in Bloomers car? The geometry of that car while on the gas in the corners is considerably different than that of the Rocket, GRT etc. Appears to be a fine piece of work. I would like to see it's builder run that car through it's paces.

Was it me or did Kasey look like he couldn't fight his was out of a wet paper sack?

It would have been nice to hear either Larry on the PA or the PPV feed. One or the other but not both at the same time all freaking night. Why didin't someone fix that problem?

And how about all of the restrooms not operating late in the evening? For sure that was one plumbers nightmare! Not even the sinks would turn on.

Congrats to Larry Kemp and staff for putting in the time to prep the track after a wet couple of days. :applaud:

In the car (turning right) by 11pm. Not a bad evening. Will probably stay at home at do the HiDef PPV next year but glad I experienced it in person once.

6/5/08, 10:44 AM   #9
Chris Nunn

Kahne had ignition problems all night long. The Beitler crew worked on the car non stop

6/5/08, 10:53 AM   #10
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Kahne had ignition problems all night long. The Beitler crew worked on the car non stop
STEVE BEITLER????

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Yeley Sets Prelude Record