Gregg

The Allied invasion at Normandy began.

Never forget.

6/6/09, 1:12 PM   #2
Re: OT-65 Years Ago
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Better yet, Never forget everyone who ever fought or served our country. I honestly can't imagine the guts to roll on to a couple beaches knowing your already in the enemys sights. The solution was to throw more manpower at them than they could stop..

My Great Uncle flew 23 missions over Germany and France including Dresden and was shot down twice and had to use the French Underground.. He never talked about the Horor of the war, Some stories of times durring the war but never about what was done. He just couldn't talk about it.

Lets also not forget everyone sacrificed to win, Rubber, fuel, Rope and food rationings here in the states. Dark times at night in potential target areas and the people who stepped up to build the war machine (A lot of women there)

The term "ALL GAVE SOME and SOME GAVE ALL" Has never been more apropriate.

Thank YOU and Thank you to all protecting us today from those who would do us harm.

Chuck, who imagines world geography had this war not been won.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/6/09 at 1:24 PM.

6/6/09, 6:38 PM   #3
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Better yet, Never forget everyone who ever fought or served our country. I honestly can't imagine the guts to roll on to a couple beaches knowing your already in the enemys sights. The solution was to throw more manpower at them than they could stop..

My Great Uncle flew 23 missions over Germany and France including Dresden and was shot down twice and had to use the French Underground.. He never talked about the Horor of the war, Some stories of times durring the war but never about what was done. He just couldn't talk about it.

Lets also not forget everyone sacrificed to win, Rubber, fuel, Rope and food rationings here in the states. Dark times at night in potential target areas and the people who stepped up to build the war machine (A lot of women there)

The term "ALL GAVE SOME and SOME GAVE ALL" Has never been more apropriate.

Thank YOU and Thank you to all protecting us today from those who would do us harm.

Chuck, who imagines world geography had this war not been won.
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Of all the many conflicts our country has been involved in this day in particular stands out from the others. I have breakfast five days a week with a D-Day and Battle of the Bulge veteran. I am humbled from the countless stories he has shared in the ten years I have listened.

Thanks to all our veterans!
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT-65 Years Ago