IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Casey Shuman purchases WAR Series.
9/27/15, 6:22 PM   #1
Casey Shuman purchases WAR Series.
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

http://www.racinboys.com/2015/09/26/...sprint-series/

9/27/15, 6:28 PM   #2
SpfldMile

Awesome!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/27/15, 7:08 PM   #3
Re: Casey Shuman purchases WAR Series.
hairracer44

I was just talking with someone last night in the pits at Putnamville about how cool it would be if Ron and Paula would get back into the promotion of traditional sprint car racing. I ran a handful of races with the SCRA when Ron had control of that organization and it was a great experience. It not Ron but hopefully he will follow in his dad's footsteps, Good luck to Casey I know you know what the sport needs.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, speed bump, tim brown
9/27/15, 7:40 PM   #4
Jonr

I read this with some curiosity. The WAR series is roughly based out of the KC area. I have attended many of their shows. Most of their shows they were the under-card or co-headliners. It will be interesting to see what Casey can do with them. While I may be wrong, I always thought that the people who did the WAR series did it as a labor of love. I know that several tracks stopped booking the WAR series and went back to an "outlaw" non-wing show. It can only bring good things to KC.

9/27/15, 10:40 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

Casey is a good guy, and young enough to still grow with the series. I just hope people don't have unrealistic expectations for him.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 9/28/15 at 5:47 AM.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, tim brown
9/28/15, 2:00 PM   #6
okienonwingfan

46 non wing cars were in the pits this past weekend. Big time numbers for an area that is normally a wing area. I know of at least 3 cars made the trip from Oklahoma.

1 member likes this post: hossholliday15
9/28/15, 2:22 PM   #7
mscs20

I have ran several WAR races this year again and was at the drivers meeting Sat night when the announcement was made. After founder Andrew Korte finished saying his thank you's, he said "we got a good thing going, but I'm burnt out". He will still be a car owner in the series for his nephew. Casey then spoke and basically said what he repeated on the Racin Boys show, along with "Im not going to fix what isn't broken". This is a good series, Casey will only insure it keeps going. And its very much needed for the Kansas, MO and western Illinois drivers. They have excellent tracks to race at including 3 shows at Lucas Oil, with the Jesse Hockett becoming very much like the 4-Crown atmosphere.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Casey Shuman purchases WAR Series.