IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shoot Out Results
1/4/15, 9:59 AM   #11
Re: Shoot Out Results
DAD

http://www.tulsashootout.com/profile...r=62010&rt=sch This is link to the shoot out results. Click on link then click on expand. Frank Flud won it and was one class act. Most of the early leaders took one another out and Frank managed just to stay out of their way. It's kind of funny how much harder a driver will drive when chasing that miniature driller, totally forgetting about that big pay check at the end of the race. In racing at the shoot out I guess most of those guys figure you are either a Hero or a Zero and go for the win at all costs.

There are already some race videos up on you tube that I think are better than racing boys did because they did not bounce around so much.

The Echo tecs looked to me to be the Midget of the future. There may have been some slightly warmed up versions at Tulsa this week but they put on one heck of a race and have that Midget sound to them, they also have enough torque to do a really nice do nut at the end of the race. The problem will be policing them, They leave a lot of room in their for improvement and I am sure there are racers out there willing to spend whatever it take for an edge, and that will be their downfall if organizations do not exert a lot of restraint on them.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/4/15 at 10:18 AM.

1/4/15, 4:22 PM   #12
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
http://www.tulsashootout.com/profile...r=62010&rt=sch This is link to the shoot out results. Click on link then click on expand. Frank Flud won it and was one class act. Most of the early leaders took one another out and Frank managed just to stay out of their way. It's kind of funny how much harder a driver will drive when chasing that miniature driller, totally forgetting about that big pay check at the end of the race. In racing at the shoot out I guess most of those guys figure you are either a Hero or a Zero and go for the win at all costs.

There are already some race videos up on you tube that I think are better than racing boys did because they did not bounce around so much.

The Echo tecs looked to me to be the Midget of the future. There may have been some slightly warmed up versions at Tulsa this week but they put on one heck of a race and have that Midget sound to them, they also have enough torque to do a really nice do nut at the end of the race. The problem will be policing them, They leave a lot of room in their for improvement and I am sure there are racers out there willing to spend whatever it take for an edge, and that will be their downfall if organizations do not exert a lot of restraint on them.

Honest Dad himself
Dad the Division II midgets will be the wave of the future. We will have 2 tech guys at GDN 1 for the chain drives and 1 for the Auto side.....This Inaugural national we will be just a little slack on depth of the engine but on weight/tire compound and engine size....NO LEEWAY at all....1/2 of pound under is the same as 100 pds under...1 point under durometer is the same as 10 points.......NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: DAD
1/5/15, 12:42 AM   #13
DAD

Wayne

So you bought a "Pump" to check them old antique motors with?

Honest Dad himself

1/5/15, 9:16 AM   #14
micro23

Dang micro driver won. We raced with Frank a lot this year. He is a hell of a shoe and a really nice guy!!!!! He disserves the chances he will be getting this year.

2 members like this post: DAD, Wayne Davis
1/5/15, 1:04 PM   #15
DAD

Micro

I think we would be correct in just calling him a "Driver and an awfully good shoe" He doesn't need the adjective "Micro" to classify him. The ones that get my goat are the ones that travel up and feel it beneath them to step back a notch or two.

One of my favorite sayings is "Be nice to the people you meet going up the ladder, because you will meet them again going down." Guess some folks were such A holes going up they might not want to meet some of them same people again coming back down.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/5/15 at 1:07 PM.

1/5/15, 1:48 PM   #16
okienonwingfan

Oklahoma did have a nice field of "Lightning Sprints" "Mini Sprints" etc etc back in the early 90's. Texas did as well. That was the start of the ASCS and the Oklahoma guys ran with them as a support class. They took of for a bit but never got over that hump to stay going.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shoot Out Results