IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2014 Terre Haute Action Track schedule
3/13/14, 6:07 PM   #21
Re: 2014 Terre Haute Action Track schedule
Action Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurple73 View Post
I have seen a ton of great night races at Terre Haute, sprint, dirt champ and midget.

I still have great memories of Saturday afternoon Tony Hulman Classics. Seems cars and drivers would come from all over the country. Cars and drivers would come from California, and all over the Midwest.
It always appeared it took a lot of strategy and some luck to win.
Some of my favorite Hulman Classics in the afternoon would have been when Shuman and Larry Rice had a battle and Shuman won, also Eddie Leavitt in the Louie Seymour 7 car.
I always enjoyed watching Gary B run at Terre Haute on a sunny spring afternoon.
I loved those afternoon shows too. My favorite was the Hut 100. Sure miss the midgets at the Action Track.

2 members like this post: Quick Change, racing2bwithu2
3/14/14, 4:56 PM   #22
johnnythunderhead
Banned

I remember back around the turn of the century when 'that' ran a show for 410 non-wing (usac I believe); 410 wing (woo); 360 non-wing; and 360 winged sprint cars. There must a been about 200 of em. never saw the likes'a that before or since/ doubt I ever will again, I guess that was the hay day of it all!

3/14/14, 5:07 PM   #23
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
I remember back around the turn of the century when 'that' ran a show for 410 non-wing (usac I believe); 410 wing (woo); 360 non-wing; and 360 winged sprint cars. There must a been about 200 of em. never saw the likes'a that before or since/ doubt I ever will again, I guess that was the hay day of it all!
Don't know if you made the Sprintacular at Eldora but I think there was something like 128 sprint cars.

The Mopar Million had about 139 but about 30 were 360s

3/15/14, 12:41 AM   #24
johnnythunderhead
Banned

yes I did make the Eldora shows in the fall the past couple of years and you're right Charles they were spectacular!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2014 Terre Haute Action Track schedule