IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Buckeye Showdown at Waynesfield
7/20/14, 3:15 PM   #71
THracer19

Aaron, my opinion your doing a great job with these BOSS shows. Only so much you can do when 53 sprintcars roll through the pit gate. I didn't have a issue at all with the way you ran the show. Everybody had the same fair shot of getting in the feature, as everyone else. Gas City and Kokomo also do the redraw for top 2 in each heat and that's great too. If a driver worked in the heat to run first or second then give them a shot at the pole. Just keep doing what your doing. We will be back with the series this year.

Thanks, Tyler Hewitt.

7/20/14, 4:17 PM   #72
Re: BOSS Buckeye Showdown at Waynesfield
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

How refreshing is all Im going to say.

Waynesfield has Jack Hewitt Classic Aug 2nd

Boss will be at Whitewater Valley Aug 1st and Lawrenceburg Aug. 2nd.

Some good racin on the Ohio/Ind Line

7/20/14, 5:06 PM   #73
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsonfan View Post
Please tell me someone got a picture of the car with corn stalks stuck to the front after a detour through the corn field in 1 & 2! That was awesome!

Well done WRP and BOSS, as always!
Heres a pic on Facebook of the car coming out of the cornfield made into a Harvest of Sprints Flyer

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

1 member likes this post: sprinter14
7/20/14, 7:12 PM   #74
sprinter14

Quicktime, thanks for the input. I'm always open to suggestions. I have considered passing points but I have also always thought it needs to be clear to the fans who is transferring on. Now the odds of all the fast cars drawing into the same heat is VERY slim. Maybe 5 of the best 10 in a 53 car field draw in, but 5 can make it out (3 in heat and 2 in B).

I will leave this with one final tidbit of info: All BOSS rules and format changes are discussed in an open forum in a meeting prior to the banquet. Any driver or team who races with BOSS in 2014 or who plans to run full time in 2015 will be able to vote on agendas brought up by the teams and drivers. This is a series put on BY a driver, FOR the drivers. The banquet is also open to the public.

Hope to see everyone at some more BOSS shows!! And thanks for the continued support!!

7/20/14, 7:26 PM   #75
Joltin Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicktime3 View Post
Just because a race is smaller in number doesn't make it more feasible to transfer or more fair.

By running C-B, the guys at the back can split their assignment into two races. Second, there is no question as to if they would have transferred if they had an "easier" B Main. As you do it now, what if the 9 best cars all draw the same heat? You take 3 of them through the heat, and then put them all in the same B that transfers 2. You put 5 into the feature and 4 of the best 9 cars can be on the trailer only because of your draw. Just not a fair or legitimate way to do it.

High car counts will happen, and things like last night are a good thing in the grand scheme. But the current way is not the best way. I'd suggest passing points too. It's not difficult to do anymore.
So if you do passing point and you have 1 fast guy starting 9th in a heat race with 8 back markers and the fast guys wins he should gets a ton of points versus 8 fast guys and 1 back marker In the same heat with no passing, no one gains any points.... This is kind of a ago old argument... Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Aaron just keep doing what your do...is it working just fine...like you said earlier cream will rise to the top.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, MWestfallfan54, Newport13
7/20/14, 8:11 PM   #76
quicktime3

True, passing points only helps if there is passing. That's just a separate thought from the main point - multiple B Mains is just not the fair way to do it. Never will be.

7/20/14, 8:17 PM   #77
Joltin Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicktime3 View Post
True, passing points only helps if there is passing. That's just a separate thought from the main point - multiple B Mains is just not the fair way to do it. Never will be.
So at chili bowl running 2 of every letter main isn't a fair way to do it?.....same concept...everyone is Entitled to there own opinions. No matter how they do it it is hard to please everyone....I know at a USAC race they would run a non qualifier and then a 15-20 car B main and take top 6.....everyone has to play the cards they are dealt
Last edited by Joltin Joe; 7/20/14 at 8:18 PM.

2 members like this post: NEMA88, PJ Wright
7/20/14, 8:30 PM   #78
biggen67

Only in America does a man have to apologize for having to many cars and spreading cars out and making them race hard. Simon gets some luck an gets the pole an finished second, Matt this year couldn't find his ass with either hand most nights an starts 7th and wins! And with 53 non wingers an 4 other classes non winger where done just after 10. After all that I still haven't found a problem!
If u don't support the track or series it's not constructive criticism it's just ********!

7/20/14, 9:33 PM   #79
Charles Nungester

I get the feeling i probably ticked a couple people off and for that I apologize.
Know a few people who went and had never been, They had a great time.

Much success to everyone the remainder of the year.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/20/14 at 9:35 PM.

7/20/14, 11:08 PM   #80
#1jackhewittfan

Race Count This Year: 45

i have been to 4 boss shows so far this year and will attend atleast 3 or 4 more this year keep up the great work aaron. you will always have people complain no matter what you do. also is limaland ever going to get aboard and have a couple boss races.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Buckeye Showdown at Waynesfield