IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora 4 Crown car counts
9/17/13, 12:50 PM   #1
Eldora 4 Crown car counts
cowboyhar69

Took this info from the Eldora website...there are some missing years but these were the only dates listed on their website

Midgets..2006-38 cars..2007-31 cars..2008-28 cars..2009-22 cars..2011-19 cars..2012-17 cars. Sprints..2004-50 cars..2006-54 cars..2007-48 cars..2008-48 cars..2009-49 cars..2011-40 cars..2012-37 cars. Dirt Champ..2004-32 cars..2006-32 cars..2007-28 cars..2008-28 cars..2009-22 cars..2011-24 cars..2012-17 cars.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
Last edited by cowboyhar69; 9/17/13 at 1:07 PM. Reason: correction

3 members like this post: EBookerFan, larsonfan, racegal
9/17/13, 1:21 PM   #2
Re: Eldora 4 Crown car counts
larsonfan
Banned

Easy to see what stands out - the midget and SC car counts declined every year. The only thing keeping this event alive it seems is the sprint cars. It's sad - such a great event with a wonderful history that was, and still is, the highlight of my season. Please USAC, don't let this event fade into oblivion. Do something to get more cars, and please make the modifieds the fourth crown again!

9/17/13, 2:02 PM   #3
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsonfan View Post
Easy to see what stands out - the midget and SC car counts declined every year. The only thing keeping this event alive it seems is the sprint cars. It's sad - such a great event with a wonderful history that was, and still is, the highlight of my season. Please USAC, don't let this event fade into oblivion. Do something to get more cars, and please make the modifieds the fourth crown again!
They should bring back the ARCA cars like the initial 4-Crown events. They still run Springfield and DuQuoin why not bring them back for 4-Crown. 4-Crown back when Johnny Vance and Earl promoted it was the best ever with large turn out for drivers and cars.

REH

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”

1 member likes this post: dirt330
9/17/13, 2:19 PM   #4
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH24 View Post
They should bring back the ARCA cars like the initial 4-Crown events. They still run Springfield and DuQuoin why not bring them back for 4-Crown. 4-Crown back when Johnny Vance and Earl promoted it was the best ever with large turn out for drivers and cars.

REH
I think the initial stock car portion of the 4 crown was USAC stock cars, not ARCA? I believe that was followed by USAC late model division?

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, DaveP63, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, racefan20
9/17/13, 2:23 PM   #5
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
I think the initial stock car portion of the 4 crown was USAC stock cars, not ARCA? I believe that was followed by USAC late model division?
Yes, it was.

3 members like this post: DaveP63, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
9/17/13, 3:45 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Interesting that the 2010 stats are missing. Since it was the year before Kyle won the three 2011. I went in 2010 and It was barely two heats of midgets 14 or 16 I think.

BTW, How many drivers are competing in all three classes anymore on a full or semi full status? Hines, Coons makes as many as he can, Darland and Ballou as they can. Most are either dirt or pavement only and one or two classes. This is a question, Not derogatory or meant to badmouth. Just seems like less overall participation and more one class runners.

9/17/13, 4:03 PM   #7
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Interesting that the 2010 stats are missing. Since it was the year before Kyle won the three 2011. I went in 2010 and It was barely two heats of midgets 14 or 16 I think.

BTW, How many drivers are competing in all three classes anymore on a full or semi full status? Hines, Coons makes as many as he can, Darland and Ballou as they can. Most are either dirt or pavement only and one or two classes. This is a question, Not derogatory or meant to badmouth. Just seems like less overall participation and more one class runners.
It is a big fast track and it is very hard on those $50,000 midget engines.

Also, I don't think the purse structure is nearly what it used to be for the 4C, there fore less people playing. Money talks.

2 members like this post: monkeyboy, Pat O'Connor Fan
9/17/13, 4:09 PM   #8
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
It is a big fast track and it is very hard on those $50,000 midget engines.

Also, I don't think the purse structure is nearly what it used to be for the 4C, there fore less people playing. Money talks.
The Strawberry King (JW Hunt) used to prop up the purse too. I miss ole JW !!!!

9/17/13, 4:31 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Used to see JW walk around and just give drivers a few hundred and say, Looks like ya need a new RR, Or Put some shocks on that thing.

Theres lots of guys that used to put a ton of money into this sport on several teams. Tom Stenger. Vance among a few. Again, Not taking away from those who do today. Maybe it was just more visable to the fan when a dozen cars had Strawberries or Stenger Ford decals.

Chuck

9/17/13, 5:42 PM   #10
monkeyboy

I like the preemptive complaining about a race. Is anyone else planning on going and having a grand ole time? What a bunch of negative Nancys.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora 4 Crown car counts