IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo
5/31/23, 4:00 AM   #21
Re: Kokomo
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

Weir did not fade. He moved forward from deep in the field to finish 4th. He might have been the hard charger.
Pos Start Driver Hometown Car
1 3 Max Adams Loomis, CA 5X
2 2 Jadon Rogers Worthington, IN 5
3 10 Jack Hoyer Frankfort, IN 11
4 12 Scotty Weir Marion, IN 2B
5 8 Harley Burns Brazil, IN 16H
6 1 Frankie Guerrini Brownsburg, IN 63
7 4 Rylan Gray Greenfield, IN 81G
8 5 Joss Moffatt Columbus, IN 5J
9 6 Colten Cottle Kansas, IL 57
10 16 Sterling Cling Tempe, AZ 34
11 9 Braydon Cromwell Lone Jack, MO 4
12 7 Clayton Rossmann Wadsworth, IL 09
13 19 Kobe Simpson Bonham, TX 21K
14 13 Tim Creech II Indianapolis, IN 31
15 11 Collin Grissom Anderson, IN 00
16 17 Austin Nigh Greenfield, IN 97
17 15 Brayden Clark Tipton, IN 42
18 18 Tyler Miller Kokomo, IN 67
19 20 Devan Myers Delphi, IN 75
20 14 Cody Williams Rensselaer, IN 26
Last edited by Adolph; 5/31/23 at 4:06 AM.

3 members like this post: CRA91, tirespinner, TNRustler
5/31/23, 7:05 AM   #22
kb78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolph View Post
Weir did not fade. He moved forward from deep in the field to finish 4th. He might have been the hard charger.
Pos Start Driver Hometown Car
1 3 Max Adams Loomis, CA 5X
2 2 Jadon Rogers Worthington, IN 5
3 10 Jack Hoyer Frankfort, IN 11
4 12 Scotty Weir Marion, IN 2B
5 8 Harley Burns Brazil, IN 16H
6 1 Frankie Guerrini Brownsburg, IN 63
7 4 Rylan Gray Greenfield, IN 81G
8 5 Joss Moffatt Columbus, IN 5J
9 6 Colten Cottle Kansas, IL 57
10 16 Sterling Cling Tempe, AZ 34
11 9 Braydon Cromwell Lone Jack, MO 4
12 7 Clayton Rossmann Wadsworth, IL 09
13 19 Kobe Simpson Bonham, TX 21K
14 13 Tim Creech II Indianapolis, IN 31
15 11 Collin Grissom Anderson, IN 00
16 17 Austin Nigh Greenfield, IN 97
17 15 Brayden Clark Tipton, IN 42
18 18 Tyler Miller Kokomo, IN 67
19 20 Devan Myers Delphi, IN 75
20 14 Cody Williams Rensselaer, IN 26
My mistake, after I think about it I believe he was just mired deep in the field and not moving until late in the race when he made a big charge.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/31/23, 9:44 AM   #23
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
We left Florence and towed the camper to Kokomo which is my favorite track hands down. I had hoped to see some more of the National guys there on a day off but we got a heck of a show from the cars that were there, some notes.

I had Adams, Rogers and Scotty Weir pegged as the guys to beat. Weir faded in the 2B but the other two were the class. Rogers got out front early and was able to run and hide, without that caution I doubt Adams catches him. The sliderfest that ensued after the caution was worth the price of admission, I thought both guys did a great job. Great racing throughout the field all the way through.

I don't go for support divisions but I appreciate when they put on a good show and I also appreciate not having down time, good racing all night in all divisions I thought.

One of the reasons I don't like downtime is that after awhile I get tired of hearing the announcers talk, especially when they are just talking to hear themselves talk. I will be so glad when Paul Hazen gets into the Hall of Fame this weekend, not because he deserves it, which he does, but because I am so sick of having to hear it every time the 57 car gets on the track there. Jesus! I get it!! You think Paul Hazen should be in the Hall of Fame, I don't need to hear it seven times a night, state your case and move on.

One other thing that annoyed me is that they announced on-line hot laps at 6:30 and racing at 7:30. But hot laps didn't start till 7:00 and when they did they had some timing and scoring bugs that they never did get worked out. All of this is splitting hairs but when you are already sick of hearing the guys on the mic yammer on another half an hour feels like an eternity. Still my favorite track though.

OMG, It's the cross for sure for you KB. Your Rose colored glasses are forever scratched and dirty.

Mine however remain unblemished.

Just kidding. I agree with you but Rob fought hard to make sure Paul got the recognition he deserves.

Now for Rob Hoffman who with thirteen or more USAC championships as Crew chief and now owner isn't deserving, Who is? That's almost Karl Kinser numbers. Maybe not in total wins, but surely among the best of his discipline.

5/31/23, 10:19 AM   #24
JarrettFarms73

I had a great night. Any night at the track with my dad, brother, and niece is already great plus we got to see an out of state friend face to face.

As far as racing, the night reminded me of why I absolutely loved it when Smackdown ran with BOSS as the dual features. Sure, there is a difference in the average field speeds front to back but the racing was still fantastic. Count me as a yes vote if that conversation ever happens again.

Congrats to Max. And shout out to local Tipton hero, Bradyn Clark for making the A from what was arguably the toughest heat.

Oh, thanks to my brother filling me in that night about the Kerry Norris connection, i’m now an even bigger Joss Moffatt fan!

5/31/23, 10:40 AM   #25
JarrettFarms73

Oh…. And shout out to KMS for seeing a problem and trying to address it. The single row of metal guardrail added to the top of the concrete fence was cool to see. Plus it kinda looks like something out of a Mad Max movie. 😂 Welcome to Thunderdome, racers!

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, rapid robert, Speedmax3, tirespinner, Will Shunk
6/1/23, 7:51 AM   #26
Moreland76

One final thought from me, I was concerned for the feature due to the lack of experience in the field. I shouldn’t have been because the rookies and youngsters did a pretty good job and averted any major trouble and hats off to all them. Ok safe travels and catch you at next race I get to attend.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo