IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Grading off the cushion, Thoughts?
5/21/22, 7:55 PM   #1
Grading off the cushion, Thoughts?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Seen waynesfield do it last year and then the other night, Now watching Plymouth Dirt track do it. and Eldora has done it since Tony took over.

Why not let it run as the night goes on. To me it's what makes sprint car racing exciting If you can hit it right several laps in a row, you can move forward many positions.

I mean if it's only a lane and a half wide after hotlaps and qualifying maybe. But not half track and beyond.

Thoughts?

1 member likes this post: rimrider69
5/21/22, 10:56 PM   #2
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Seen waynesfield do it last year and then the other night, Now watching Plymouth Dirt track do it. and Eldora has done it since Tony took over.

Why not let it run as the night goes on. To me it's what makes sprint car racing exciting If you can hit it right several laps in a row, you can move forward many positions.

I mean if it's only a lane and a half wide after hotlaps and qualifying maybe. But not half track and beyond.

Thoughts?
Duplicate
Last edited by Midget98; 5/21/22 at 10:58 PM.

5/21/22, 10:58 PM   #3
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post

Thoughts?
To me, there's hardly ever a reason to grade off a cushion. Running it in with the push trucks is a far better plan. The cushion takes skill and guts to run effectively. It's what separates real racers from the rest. If I want to watch guys slide around on a smooth flat track, I'll go watch a late model show.

5/22/22, 11:31 AM   #4
Re: Grading off the cushion, Thoughts?
sw1911

I saw Darland do that once at Lincoln Park and I have not seen anyone else do it like that either before or since. It was mesmerizing.

5/22/22, 1:11 PM   #5
Truphy

I’ve witness t mez do it once at LPS . I mean he slammed his rear tire on it shot off like a rocket . It was pretty amazing.

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, racenut69, rimrider69, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Grading off the cushion, Thoughts?