IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Stewart Foundation Leader of the Pack Challenge
3/26/10, 2:56 PM   #1
Tony Stewart Foundation Leader of the Pack Challenge
midgetracer

Tony Stewart Foundation Leader of the Pack Challenge:

The Midwest TQ Racing LeagueTM presented by Vincennes University was first to announce the "Tony Stewart Rookie of the Year Program" and now, to support the Tony Stewart Foundation, the MTQRL is pleased to announce their "Tony Stewart Foundation Leader of the Pack Challenge."
For the 2010 season, drivers will solicit pledges for every feature lap they lead in MTQRL competition. Race fans will be able to make their pledges at the racetrack or online at www.mtqrl.com (coming soon). drivers and pledges will be charted on MTQRL's website. At the conclusion of the 2010 season, all money from the program will go directly to the Tony Stewart Foundation.
To kick off the program, MTQRL founders Mark & Jen Frechette, along with MTQRL Marketing Director Gary Lee, have each pledged $500. Frechette said, "This is an MTQRL program we hope other racing organizations will duplicate."
The mission of the Tony Stewart Foundation is to raise and donate funds to help care for critically ill children, drivers injured in motorsports activities and to support other charitable organizations in the protection of various animal species.
Let's work together to ensure that the Tony Stewart Foundation's goals and mission to help others are accomplished!
For more information on the Tony Stewart Foundation please visit www.tonystewartfoundation.org.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, nowings4me
3/27/10, 8:41 PM   #2
Re: Tony Stewart Foundation Leader of the Pack Challenge
TQ29m

Sounds good, gives the local fans and drivers, an easier way to give to this great foundation, kinda gives them a feeling that they are a part of something they love, and be able to help those who provide the entertainment, and sometime, may be in need of help. I think it's something that can be done, in almost any organization, and being close to it, you'll be more likely to see where your help is being used. I LIKE IT! Bob

1 member likes this post: nowings4me
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Stewart Foundation Leader of the Pack Challenge