IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That's my seat
7/16/11, 8:00 PM   #1
That's my seat
peacedaddy101

Today at Tri-State was the second time this sprint week that we have had trouble with people in our seats. At the Burg these guys cut our tape and took away some of our seats so they would have enough. Tonight the people around us brought their stadium seats and didn't mark enough room so now they are taking over our area. I don't have a problem with the stadium seats, just make enough room for them when you mark your seats off. What ever happened to respecting people's marked seats. Never really had a problem with it until this year. Sorry to go on a rant here but it's upsetting to get in the bleachers and be packed like sardines because someone else moved in.

7/16/11, 8:15 PM   #2
ByronMack

If you wanted reserved seats, should've paid for them. This has always been a gripe I've had about tracks, if you don't sell reserved seats don't let people come in early and reserve them. More than once I've went to a track and seen tape down and nobody setting in them, or taking up three or four seats for two people. I'll step off my soapbox now and watch the flaming begin lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

7/16/11, 8:19 PM   #3
JSBH03

I absolutely hate the taping down of stuff. It punishes people who work and can't get there early.
Posted via Mobile Device

7/16/11, 8:24 PM   #4
bballr4567

Thats the reason I spent the extra $3 for reserved seats tonight. Packed in everywhere except the frontstretch.
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: apexonephoto, Racer12
7/16/11, 8:27 PM   #5
Johnhunt

Race Count Last Year: 22

I definitely understand your gripe, especially when no one shows up. I guess I didn't mind what Kokomo did this year. They took up all blankets prior to the gates opening, then once the gates opened(at 3 or 4) you could put a blanket down. My beef is when tracks allow their "regulars" to leave a blanket down. Then they don't show up. Just my opinion, don't know if there's a right or wrong
Posted using Mobile Device

4 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, interpreter66, racefan1, Xflagman
7/16/11, 9:11 PM   #6
RacingGirl10

I would just like to sit on a blanket when I get there, not reserve it. But due to the kind soul that stole the blanket my family has been taking to the races for 20+ years at Bloomington a couple of months ago, I sit on the bleachers again.

7/16/11, 9:45 PM   #7
Re: That's my seat
cecil98

When people do that, I think the promotor should pull the tape and blankets and donate them to Good Will. First come-first served when the gates open on race day.........or, as someone stated earlier, sell reserved seats....
Last edited by cecil98; 7/16/11 at 9:46 PM.

7/16/11, 9:48 PM   #8
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Well, reality is that almost every track DOES allow fans (all fans, whether you are local or not, work or not, etc) to enter early and put blankets or tape down. Just because some people don't like it doesn't mean you have the right to rip up tape or blankets...or sit on someone else's tape or blanket.

We had this happen at Kokomo and Lawrenceburg this year. It's just rude.

7/17/11, 12:31 PM   #9
lazyifoto

If you were sitting there no one could have sat there now could they????I went to the burg for the USAC show and there were seats taped off all over the place and no one sitting in them . There were blankets that sat vacant all night until the feature then the people showed up to sit. To that I say bu!!crap if you only want to watch the feature watch it from where ever but don't inconvenience everyone else so that you have a seat for a 15 minute feature race....I saw people take the blankets and un-tape them and just push them on down and then when the people showed up to sit"at feature time" they just stand there looking like some one just took their puppy from them...IF you want the seat sit there if not go away..........Your nobody special.....

6 members like this post: apexonephoto, Bruce Harrison, racefan1, spicoli, wright59, Xflagman
7/17/11, 12:51 PM   #10
racerdog45

other than at the high school/little league levels there is no other sport that doesn't do reserved seats. It is way past time that tracks sell reserved only seats for special events. I have witnessed too many times people taping off seats and not using them, taping off seats for 10 people then 4 use them and they spread all their coolers etc out. I will no longer go to certain tracks because of this unless I am going into the pits because we are racing there. If you want new fans then reserved seats are a must, so that they can have a seat and a good one and not have to look and see all the blankets taking up the good seats with no one in them. It's time to move up to a PROFESSIONAL level and the next step should be reserved seating, it's not that much cost to print tickets that you call sell ads on the back of and charge maybe a buck more for.

3 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, K9Racer, spicoli
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That's my seat