IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Amati 68
6/18/16, 11:10 PM   #91
PushEm

Brandon Mattox and Aric Gentry were the two that got together in 3. Lots of words exchanged between drivers and crew.

1 member likes this post: wildman92
6/18/16, 11:32 PM   #92
PushEm

Full Feature Result
https://twitter.com/PushTrucks/statu...72098395693056

1 member likes this post: DirtHawk92
6/19/16, 10:41 AM   #93
SPD 37

Great job Brady Short!!!

6/19/16, 12:08 PM   #94
Re: Paragon Speedway Amati 68
grantman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPD 37 View Post
Great job Brady Short!!!
Worst racing seen in years.

6/19/16, 3:07 PM   #95
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantman View Post
Worst racing seen in years.
No it wasn't. It wasn't great by any means, but I've seen worse. Both there and other places. Nights when nobody could pass anybody because the track was entirely one lane. The winner came from the 4th row. He had to take the lead from McGhee and retake it from him after Max jumped him on a restart, about half way in. Both times, Max didn't go down without a good fight and did a good job holding off Windom for second position, in the last 20 laps or so, after Chris had made his way around or underneath several cars. Josh Cunningham made a good run, too. He even had a run at Windom, but in doing so left the door open to Jeff Bland and lost the spot back that he had just taken from Jeff. Obviously the top was a tough place to make a living last night, but several of these guys made a race out of it, if you were paying attention.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/19/16 at 3:35 PM.

6/19/16, 4:09 PM   #96
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I agree with your assessment, Jerry. Paragon is a unique venue, attending a race there is like a trip back in time. Someone remarked to me at Bloomington this past Friday night that Paragon had changed a lot. I disagree. It has remained pretty much the same over the decades. Sure there have been some tweaks here and there, but the basics are the same. Fellow IOWer mcrider remarked to me about the view from the hill on the frontstretch and how it symbolizes Indiana. The crops and other elements associated with our agricultural background are clearly visible as well as a lush green forest on the surrounding land. It provides a relaxing backdrop to the racing activity on the track. Only thing missing last night was the fellow who often flies an ultralight aircraft in the vicinity. We are fortunate to live in a state that has such great scenery to enjoy as we drive to and from the race tracks. I remember reading a comment on this board sometime back from a fan from California who marveled at all the trees and vegetation that grace our state.
Sure there are some things I would like to see improved at Paragon (better speakers would be number one, closely followed by more supplies in the restroom), but I know pretty much what to expect at Paragon before I leave home, and I accept it for what it is.

6/19/16, 8:51 PM   #97
RACrappieman

Well said Sir.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, DirtHawk92, ronmil
6/20/16, 9:01 AM   #98
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

That race Saturday wasn't even close to being the worst race in along time! This years Burton Memorial was not a very good race lots worse than Saturdays race at Paragon! I'm just saying!

2 members like this post: ronmil, WinglessLovers
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Amati 68