IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Husets
7/6/22, 8:20 PM   #31
Re: Husets
chrismattlin

Seeing how KTJ's teammate, Carson Garrett, is top 5 in MSCS points, I'm not too surprised they're staying in Indiana for the MSCS races.

7/7/22, 10:06 AM   #32
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
Seeing how KTJ's teammate, Carson Garrett, is top 5 in MSCS points, I'm not too surprised they're staying in Indiana for the MSCS races.
One poster () is apparently very surprised with this decision..........Sigh........

7/7/22, 10:13 AM   #33
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Doesn't mean he's going to win more money, only means they will spend less!

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, TQ29m
7/7/22, 3:59 PM   #34
duel

Maybe some of these west coast cancelations will enable a few teams to head to Husets.

7/7/22, 5:07 PM   #35
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
Doesn't mean he's going to win more money, only means they will spend less!
I had a friend who toured with both the Outlaws and All Stars for years. He said he made more money with the Outlaws and kept more running with the All Stars.

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld
7/7/22, 5:29 PM   #36
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
Maybe some of these west coast cancelations will enable a few teams to head to Husets.
I saw that Eddie Tafoya is supposed to be there. A couple more would be awesome. I don't think the CRA has another race scheduled for a month.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel, mc/rider, oppweld
7/7/22, 5:43 PM   #37
bighd0522

Wonder if it was at a midwest track if it would be supported better? Missouri Illinois area.

2 members like this post: captrat, oppweld
7/7/22, 5:45 PM   #38
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

All that show up will be there.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, racefan20
7/8/22, 12:11 AM   #39
flagboy55

Just to clear up a few things. Cornerthree, thanks for the Billy Buzzards recommendation. The jambalaya was superb. LaCrosse seems like a neat place. So now it’s conspiracy? I can only hope my opinion turns out to be like the recently accused theorists, because most of them have turned into prophets, but I digress. I’m not sure about the comparison to eastern storm either. So Matt Wood tries to make a Crown Jewel USAC race. In just the Sprint cars, if I’ve read it correctly, one guy could walk away with $32,000. Probably the same thing with the midgets. 3 days at what I’m told is an absolute first class dirt track (I’ll know more tomorrow). Don’t hold me to it but I would bet you a beer and a hotdog that USAC’s schedule came out before MSCS. And if memory serves, the Husets event might have been inked before the full schedule was released. And no one has been able to tell me when the last time they (MSCS) raced at Kokomo, if ever, and when the Darland race paid more than $2000 to win. Ultimately, us Indiana fans are just quite content keeping wingless racing here and as convenient as possible. We would like more spotlight, but only as long as it doesn’t interfere with it shining here. Anyway I’m always trying to promote true sprint car racing, and trying to get it out there to the people. Big events do that.
So stepping down off my soapbox, if any of you happen to be at Husets this weekend look me up. I’ve brought some beers from the best brewery in the world to share with any of you who would appreciate one or two. Looking forward to seeing you

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, Jonr, Longtime sprinter, oppweld, spicoli
7/8/22, 8:50 AM   #40
Rpracing1

I would hope Robert Bell would be there.

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, PIT CART, racenut69, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Husets