IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Husets
7/10/22, 1:32 AM   #91
Re: Husets
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Got home from Atomic at twelve thirty. Hope I don't wake up a wing fan. Dallas Hewitt butt kicking win down there.
Watched the two features from USAC, awesome. All races should be at Hussets

Left after feature at atomic for sprints, But the D2 midgets may just be the best kept secret out there.

2 members like this post: jjones752, WBR 3E
7/10/22, 11:39 PM   #92
flagboy55

Ya almost have to believe that something broke on Buddy. Very little reason to run that hard on lap 9 of 100

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
7/11/22, 1:45 PM   #93
ginblueearth

I was just wonder if the people that attended the USAC Nationals at Husets from out east . Paid attention when you went by Jackson Mn on I 90 . Did you look to the south or stop and check out Jackson Motor Plex . If you thought Husets was nice Jackson is nicer in every way . Seating is better parking is better camping is better and IMO the track is better it is one of the best facilities in the country

7/11/22, 1:57 PM   #94
dsc1600

Sucks that this event continues to suffer attendance wise, and also sucks the slide or die nonsense made the midget feature a debacle.

But the non-winged sprints were excellent all weekend. I wish there was a Husets type facility in Indiana.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, spicoli
7/11/22, 3:16 PM   #95
chrismattlin

Midgets are just so damn competitive these days that if you lift, you're not gonna lose a position, you're gonna lose 5 positions. It's so competitive, that, dare I say, the Steve Lewis 9 cars would be "just another ride" if they existed today. These aren't your grandpa's midgets! Heck, they ain't your older brother's midgets!

7/11/22, 3:26 PM   #96
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
Midgets are just so damn competitive these days that if you lift, you're not gonna lose a position, you're gonna lose 5 positions. It's so competitive, that, dare I say, the Steve Lewis 9 cars would be "just another ride" if they existed today. These aren't your grandpa's midgets! Heck, they ain't your older brother's midgets!
I turned it off after bacon got spun,, If they advertised it as a high speed demo derby they'd of sold the place out.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, Steve Wendel, TQ29m
7/11/22, 3:33 PM   #97
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I turned it off after bacon got spun,, If they advertised it as a high speed demo derby they'd of sold the place out.
Oh, I feel you, believe me. I'm not defending some of the driving that takes place, but it's not changing any time soon. Remember- USAC is the only FIA-sanctioned motorsport that does NOT have an "avoidable contact" penalty of some sort. And honestly, I've thought this through multiple times, and I don't want us to go down that path.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, TQ29m
7/11/22, 3:38 PM   #98
chrismattlin

Maybe they need to show the replay of Daison Pursley's crash at every drivers' meeting to remind everyone how serious this sport is.

2 members like this post: Bobv, Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Husets