IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bel-Clair (Little Belleville
12/16/22, 10:23 AM   #1
Bel-Clair (Little Belleville
wrtracing

Oops! The title should be: Belle-Clair (Little Belleville)

There is hope!

St Clair County, IL in cooperation with the city of Belleville purchased the 22 acre property which includes the racetrack. It sounds like they may be interested in reopening the racetrack as the article states they have had several inquiries about it. Keep your fingers crossed Andrew! I am sure Morty is smiling down on this!
Attached Images
F33C7A32-BD28-4CC0-BE2A-069DA6C120F6.png (215.3 KB, 74 views)
42B5746F-40BD-4413-9CB7-84747665DC13.png (224.8 KB, 65 views)

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Christopher Morley
Last edited by wrtracing; 12/16/22 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Title Correction

12/16/22, 10:56 AM   #2
Re: Bel-Clair (Little Belleville
tristatephoto

I drive 470 miles one way from Napoleon Ohio to see a midget race at the greatest midget track in the USA.

12/16/22, 12:07 PM   #3
Pitdad

Okay gang, we had our chance to crowd source the purchase of the property and ENSURE racing could continue, but YOU didn't seize that opportunity (I had my hundred bucks ready, just needed 21,999 more of you to join in). We've caught an incredibly lucky break due to a GOVERNMENT acquisition that sounds like it is actually willing to let racing happen. Who among you budding promotional and operational geniuses is ready to risk all your life savings on the chance to promote and operate the "Greatest Midget Track" in the world? Step up, step up! I know there will be plenty of advice from this board and others as to classes to run, rules to establish, purses to pay, and track prep.

All sarcasm aside, I sincerely hope that a group steps forward and begins the heavy lifting that will be required to put Belle-Clair Speedway back on series schedules. From the article in the Belleville News Democrat, it sounds like the county's priorities with the property are 1.) temporary housing for those displaced by natural disasters (tornados and floods), 2.) a new home for the St Clair County Animal Control, 3.) return of the St. Clair County Fair and other "other community events". COME ON COMMUNITY EVENTS! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/16/22, 1:39 PM   #4
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

The best thing you can do is fill the stands on race day if racing returns!

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, erich45, luckybuc97, Pitdad, tirespinner
12/16/22, 2:57 PM   #5
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitdad View Post
Okay gang, we had our chance to crowd source the purchase of the property and ENSURE racing could continue, but YOU didn't seize that opportunity (I had my hundred bucks ready, just needed 21,999 more of you to join in). We've caught an incredibly lucky break due to a GOVERNMENT acquisition that sounds like it is actually willing to let racing happen. Who among you budding promotional and operational geniuses is ready to risk all your life savings on the chance to promote and operate the "Greatest Midget Track" in the world? Step up, step up! I know there will be plenty of advice from this board and others as to classes to run, rules to establish, purses to pay, and track prep.

All sarcasm aside, I sincerely hope that a group steps forward and begins the heavy lifting that will be required to put Belle-Clair Speedway back on series schedules. From the article in the Belleville News Democrat, it sounds like the county's priorities with the property are 1.) temporary housing for those displaced by natural disasters (tornados and floods), 2.) a new home for the St Clair County Animal Control, 3.) return of the St. Clair County Fair and other "other community events". COME ON COMMUNITY EVENTS! MAKE IT HAPPEN!
the purple text is not legible

6 members like this post: billw, dkdorkboy, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, jjones752, Ken Bonnema
12/16/22, 6:10 PM   #6
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
the purple text is not legible

That's odd. I read it perfectly fine.

12/17/22, 2:56 AM   #7
revjimk

Good news... make it happen!

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
12/17/22, 9:02 AM   #8
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

"Okay gang, we had our chance to crowd source the purchase of the property and ENSURE racing could continue, but YOU didn't seize that opportunity (I had my hundred bucks ready, just needed 21,999 more of you to join in). We've caught an incredibly lucky break due to a GOVERNMENT acquisition that sounds like it is actually willing to let racing happen. Who among you budding promotional and operational geniuses is ready to risk all your life savings on the chance to promote and operate the "Greatest Midget Track" in the world? Step up, step up! I know there will be plenty of advice from this board and others as to classes to run, rules to establish, purses to pay, and track prep."

Drag your mouse over it like you're going to copy/paste and it turns white; that's the onlt way I could read it. Nathan must have night vision or something...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

4 members like this post: Dale, Dirtfan, Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing
12/17/22, 5:53 PM   #9
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
Drag your mouse over it like you're going to copy/paste and it turns white; that's the onlt way I could read it. Nathan must have night vision or something...
Maybe it's meant to be read with 3D glasses?🤔😂👓

12/17/22, 6:02 PM   #10
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
Maybe it's meant to be read with 3D glasses?🤔😂👓
Na. Just very good eyes.

2 members like this post: jjones752, Pitdad
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bel-Clair (Little Belleville