IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Burg
5/7/23, 8:12 PM   #21
cmiracingvids

Something else to keep in mind is that this actually was a special show for Lawrenceburg. It was the rescheduled King of the Midwest from April 29th. It paid $2,500 to win.

Problem is/was, Paragon paid $2,500 to win. Eldora was 10k to win. Putnamville is, I think, 2k to win on regular nights. Is the problem maybe theres just not enough cars to go around anymore? Possibly…

2 members like this post: captrat, Hustlin-Hoosier
5/7/23, 8:17 PM   #22
Re: The Burg
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Besides the loss of several long time racers and regulars like Ted Hines. Stanbrough. and others. Boss went from two too one race, No more MSCS that raced twice, Lucas took their date for a track that no longer exist (Mansfield) And All Stars who at one time raced twice a year and he held the Hoosier fall classic until Webb killed it. Used to also have the KISS series which saturday night was a race with a expanded purse that he continued (King of the midwest)

All those races and sanctions don't exist anymore

I still say it's mostly four tracks in one night (Two of them sanctioned) as we went from about 175 cars to about a 110 available in the last ten-twelve years.. Also some go race War Tmez went midget racing.

IDK. Hope the next few are great weather and well supported.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/7/23 at 8:21 PM.

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, motorhead748
5/8/23, 9:31 AM   #23
Scott Daloisio

Another thing to consider these days when it comes to attendance is streaming. Fans can go to a local race or they can stay home and choose/switch between USAC National shows, World of Outlaws (sprints and late models), All Stars, Lucas Oil Late Models, ASCS, IMCA, etc, etc, etc.

5/9/23, 12:29 PM   #24
Fumanchu

Sorry my comment is off topic and not about the Berg and all about the comment on attendance.

I was out in Indiana and Ohio this past weekend.

We had hoped to see Terre Haute on Sunday but rain wins.

So looking for something to do we see this race going on at IRP. Cleetus and cars.

We were in shock when we got there and it was so packed it was crazy.Didn't really enjoy the racing to much as it was like a joke half the time.

Way bigger crowd then Eldora and the ticket to get in was higher. It made no sense but , Indiana folks really love there crown vic racing.

2 members like this post: oppweld, PIT CART
5/9/23, 3:35 PM   #25
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Also going on just nine miles down the road from Burg was Nitro Circus drag racing at Edgewater. Don't konw how it did on attendance but it's got a lot of Street Outlaws type following.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
5/10/23, 5:31 PM   #26
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
Usac at big E. Putnamville. And Paragon. BOSS at Wayne County. I think the racers are saying…they don’t wanna run the Burg anymore.
I think it isn't they they don't like the track, their payout from 2nd on back does not break even. You have to win. $720 for a set of rears that you will wipe out.

3 members like this post: 2fast4u, bighd0522, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Burg