IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > George Seats
4/15/13, 2:56 PM   #1
George Seats
randy j

Anyone knopw what happened to racing's friend George Seats? Used to see him all the time, no matter where you went to race he was there.
Thanks

4/15/13, 3:08 PM   #2
Re: George Seats
Danny Williams Sr.

George is doing fine. He can't get to as many races as he would like due to night driving problems.

I talk with him often and will let him know you're asking about him.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chasinracin2, randy j
4/15/13, 5:20 PM   #3
BrentTFunk

Thanks Danny

4/15/13, 9:02 PM   #4
deadbird

Is George Seats also refered to as "California George" who was always at all the midget races around Indiana, Illinoise and Wisconsin tracks??

Posted via Mobile Device

4/16/13, 9:30 AM   #5
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbird View Post
is george seats also refered to as "california george" who was always at all the midget races around indiana, illinoise and wisconsin tracks??

posted via mobile device
No!

4/18/13, 9:07 AM   #6
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

George did a huge amount as the HARF P.R. guy for decades, just last year finally passing the duties to Chris Jockish. George was also a huge "race chaser" up till a few years ago, some years hitting around "300" races a year. It was nothing for George to get off work on Friday afternoon and head for Oswego, or any other direction offering great racing. Now, happy at home with Terri, hitting a few Speedrome races. George is the only person i know who can fill up your phones answering machine and then finish with..."call me so i can tell you the rest". I am so glad to call George Seats my friend. If he had a computer and could get on IOW you would see the record for longest posts ever, and probably all in one sentence. George is the best, bob

5 members like this post: chris jockish, Mud Packer, racefan20, randy j, ronmil
4/18/13, 12:48 PM   #7
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

George is to blame for me being a HARF member; joined in 1983 and have been a member continuously since. My mother belonged as well, and at the time of her passing on April 12, 2001 at age 95, she was the oldest active member. I'll always remember loading up with Jolly Rancher candy at a midget race in St. Charles, MO when George was doing the PR work for them. Mom really liked that candy. About three years ago, Tommy Helfrich finally decided to have a HARF night, and George sent me all the material to do the presentation to the winners in Victory lane, but the race got rained out and was not rescheduled. So, to this day, TSS has not had a HARF night. George has relatives in Madisonville, KY, so he would show up at TSS occasionally. Always enjoy talking with George.

4/18/13, 1:12 PM   #8
treecitytornado

I got to know George, as a young kid, and he was always one of the most talkative and friendliest people, I have ever met! I wish the best to George and his wife!

4/18/13, 2:47 PM   #9
indybigjohn

One of the best people I've ever known in racing.

1 member likes this post: randy j
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > George Seats