IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Travel Warning for those going on I 70
7/4/11, 1:26 PM   #1
Travel Warning for those going on I 70
terrehautian

If anyone is planning on travelling on I 70 through Terre Haute. Road construction is crazy.

First thing though, East bound on ramp for I 70 is closed for another week or two at US 41 (exit 7). West Bound on ramp merges into one lane also.

Also, I 70 after the Brazil exit on week days gets a little congested at times as a mile or so after exit 11 (sometimes backed up for miles), it goes down to one lane and continues to be one lane both directions between the TH exits almost to the Illinois line.

Further on down the road, US 40 between TH and Brazil might closed for a few days to a few weeks to a dip.

The detour for East bound I 70 is north to Ohio Blvd, onto US 40 to 46 and back on I 70. If you are in a car, Magaret Avenue could be a faster detour.

2 members like this post: BigD, dirtnonwingfan
7/4/11, 2:58 PM   #2
Re: Travel Warning for those going on I 70
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

you get stopped by a train on margaret ave and it will be the longs detour you ever took

7/4/11, 3:11 PM   #3
terrehautian

But you would get stopped by a train on Ohio possibly also.

7/4/11, 5:30 PM   #4
skids59

I don't think I've ever been through Terre Haute when they weren't working on I-70. Almost as bad as St.Louis. Working on the roads 24/7, seems like.:2:

Thanks for the heads-up.

7/4/11, 9:16 PM   #5
cope42

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids59 View Post
I don't think I've ever been through Terre Haute when they weren't working on I-70. Almost as bad as St.Louis. Working on the roads 24/7, seems like.:2:

Thanks for the heads-up.
they are working on them all the time and still rougher than you know what all the way to indy .

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Travel Warning for those going on I 70