IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather???????
12/23/08, 9:38 PM   #131
Re: Weather???????
terrehautian

Mostly rain now, was slick earlier with main roads sloppy and other roads ice covered. Parking lots are just ice skating rinks.

12/23/08, 10:30 PM   #132
pletchfan

We are heading to Indiana tomorrow for Christmas. I checked the weather for Indianapolis and Frankfort tonight it is freezing rain but later tomorrow it is supposed to get up to 42 that will make for an ok trip. If it gets bad again tomorrow night we will already be there an settled. Hopefully it will also be nice for the drive out the day after Christmas.

12/23/08, 11:26 PM   #133
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletchfan View Post
We are heading to Indiana tomorrow for Christmas. I checked the weather for Indianapolis and Frankfort tonight it is freezing rain but later tomorrow it is supposed to get up to 42 that will make for an ok trip. If it gets bad again tomorrow night we will already be there an settled. Hopefully it will also be nice for the drive out the day after Christmas.
Have a safe trip.

12/23/08, 11:42 PM   #134
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletchfan View Post
pletchfan,

Freezing rain as we speak. I just got in and the roads including State Highways are slick and hazardous here in Central Indiana right now. The temperature is suppose to continue to rise overnight and into the 40's tomorrow. It must be that warm thoughts you are sending our way.:O: Have a safe trip.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

12/24/08, 1:27 AM   #135
Onlydirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
Just saw on TV that 465 is at a standstill around 86th street, 31 and 465 closed (465), they just said to travel two miles it would take 40 min. (465) we have sleet and very slick roads with a lot of wrecks in and around Kokomo. I bet Ty will be ready to just go home and forget about chasing the bad guys. Tim sounds like you guys have it made up there. The manager at the local Kroger had a smile from ear to ear walking thru the store talking kinda loud about an ice storm. I had to get some warm beer as mine had a slight chill to it.
Be safe.

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com
I lucked out, I was off tonight! I did however go pick my Grandmother up at the new Indy airport and got to drive back and see the festivities. It was awful! If I am only going 20mph its bad. Westfield to Tipton area there were at least 20 cars off the road, one upside down and several backed into field fences. Old Sycamore was so shiny it looked like a mirror. Thats the slickest I have ever been on.

12/24/08, 1:56 AM   #136
Jerry Spencer

Josh said it is the dry spots that will kill you, not very many dry spots that I could see on my way in. At one am it is raining with the temp. at 36 and feels like it is getting warmer, things are melting a little here and look to continue to get better as the night goes on. I am going to dig my coat out if it keeps this up. Be safe on your way up and have a Merry Christmas Pletch Family. Ty if you ever need a place to go and can not get home you are welcome here anytime. (working for the city like we do they will get us in but not sure about getting us home.)
Open skate everyone. :respect:

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com

12/24/08, 9:53 AM   #137
Roger Hughes

Only got 14" of snow on Sunday night. 1" to 3" more today. But we are with our son's family and grandkids enjoying the reason for the season....Jesus birth. Church this evening presents and way to much to eat tomorrow.

The economy, worry, stress...find something to enjoy in life everyday, someone does have it worse than you. 90% of what you worry about never happens, the other 10% you can't do anything about anyway! Have faith for a better tilme.

I hope that 2009 is the best of your life.

Merry Christmas to all,

Roger and Pam Hughes

12/24/08, 10:02 AM   #138
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Hughes View Post
Only got 14" of snow on Sunday night. 1" to 3" more today. But we are with our son's family and grandkids enjoying the reason for the season....Jesus birth. Church this evening presents and way to much to eat tomorrow.

The economy, worry, stress...find something to enjoy in life everyday, someone does have it worse than you. 90% of what you worry about never happens, the other 10% you can't do anything about anyway! Have faith for a better tilme.

I hope that 2009 is the best of your life.

Merry Christmas to all,

Roger and Pam Hughes
Nice message Roger. Right back at you.

12/24/08, 11:35 AM   #139
Tim Watson

Guess what......it's snowing here! I looked at the radar and it looks like some precipitation is headed to Indiana very soon. With all this snow we got i really need a vehicle with rear wheel drive so i can practice backing it into the turns. Only so much fun a guy can have with front wheel drive and an emergency break.

12/24/08, 12:03 PM   #140
Z-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Guess what......it's snowing here! I looked at the radar and it looks like some precipitation is headed to Indiana very soon. With all this snow we got i really need a vehicle with rear wheel drive so i can practice backing it into the turns. Only so much fun a guy can have with front wheel drive and an emergency break.
Try reverse:O:

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather???????