IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Don "Shag" Burroughs 95th Birthday is July 15
7/10/13, 7:56 AM   #1
Don "Shag" Burroughs 95th Birthday is July 15
Sprint Car Racing Fan

For those of you who have been around racing, you will remember the name "Shag" Burroughs. He is currently living in Utah with his daughter. It would be awesome to fill her mailbox with cards for Shag's birthday, which is Monday, July 15th. From a recent post on Facebook, he and Bob Kinser are the only two drivers left who raced in the very first race ever held at Paragon Speedway. I have attached a picture of Shag and Jim Waltz next to the 'Rocking Chair Special". The address for cards is:
Don Burroughs
P O Box 720037
Summit, UT 84772

I had the honor of meeting Shag when he was still traveling back to Indiana in the summers to catch some sprint car racing. He was here every summer for many years and was good friends with my father-in-law, Jim Waltz. The stories they would tell....it was always good to see him while he was in town.

7/15/13, 5:50 PM   #2
Re: Don "Shag" Burroughs 95th Birthday is July 15
Sprint Car Racing Fan

Today's the day..................Happy Birthday Shag!!!!!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Don "Shag" Burroughs 95th Birthday is July 15