IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS Updates here tonight
6/15/12, 8:26 AM   #111
Re: LPS Updates here tonight
IndyAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
The track prep here is a bigger joke then our education system. I've seen better prepped go kart tracks. I got 10 on fuel for the water truck. Obviously they ran out last week.

Posted via Mobile Device
Speaking of education system: There is a big difference between "then" and "than." Let me guess, it's the teachers' fault, not the student or their parents? I suggest sticking to comments about water & dirt.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Than-and-Then

6/15/12, 9:57 AM   #112
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Lots of theories about all of this but let me throw is some random facts (just to muddy the waters a bit). Track had "tons" of water put on it, true, but also had alot of wheels on it last night too + our current drought conditions doesn't help. #2 dusty? yes, but not so dusty you couldn't see every slide job that happened (and from where i sat i saw alot of close calls, alot of hurt feeling after the race). #3 all racers raced on the same track, so fair for all, and my Thanks to the drivers themselves, all 3 features were barnburners and greatly entertaining. Like someone posted earlier, in the south they take care of this problem with a "paving crew" because a paved track has only 2 conditions...wet or dry! Dirt track owners not only have to be the owner/operator, but mind readers, weathermen, scientists, referees, psychics, & handimen to make everything work. We all go to work in our offices or warehouses or garbage trucks and we know what to expect, business as usual, but not dirt track owners. So amongst all the hate, let me Thank you for doing your best, we pay our ticket money and hope for perfection, but it is still a dirt track, all i hope for is close racing and an exciting finish. See you all at Bloomy tonight, and if they have the same large car count as the previous 2 nights, we can expect this same type post on here again. Take a deep breath, pay your money to get in and enjoy yourselves, it's entertainment. I will be at Bloomy tonight with a few thousand of my closest friends, can't miss me, i'll be the one with the smile, bob

6/15/12, 10:14 AM   #113
flipalong

well put Bob see u at bloomington.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/15/12, 10:17 AM   #114
addictedtodirt

Just meet and spoke with a race fan from Wisconsin. He had never met Joe Spiker and was thrilled at the kindness Joe showed to him and his wife last night at LPS. From a golf cart ride to a couple of free T-shirts, Joe did the little things that made a big impression on the Wisconsin fans.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: racegal
6/15/12, 10:26 AM   #115
kawkaw2

What happened to Jon S last night in the feature? Where did he finish?

6/15/12, 10:28 AM   #116
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

I was there last night..I have seen far worse race tracks than that! It was a little bit of a disappointment after hearing about all the great racing this season there..but I was at a race track and not stuck at home . Whether there was a ton of water on the track or not..you gotta realize we have not had much rain this spring plus you throw on the sun baking down on the race track with a lot of laps on it, there is not much you can do..Gas city tried to get the track better wed night, and last night they tried to put water on it. I dont understand the single car qualifying this year..That could have something to do with tracks being ate up as well..I will not be able to attend Bloomington tonight so I hope everyone has a great time.

Tyler

6/15/12, 10:39 AM   #117
kcarm92

racing surface was black and slick , but the racing was great as far as the dust goes most of it was from guys running off backstretch or cutting the corners, still was a good show

6/15/12, 10:39 AM   #118
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Jon started in row 8 (had to go thru the b main, which he won), mid pack most of the night, then got tangled up in a group of cars in turn 4, all except Jon drove away and Jon finished in the infield (guessing where he was looking, a broken front end). Hoping for better results tonight for the #21, bob

1 member likes this post: SteveD
6/15/12, 10:42 AM   #119
monkeyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyAndy View Post
Speaking of education system: There is a big difference between "then" and "than." Let me guess, it's the teachers' fault, not the student or their parents? I suggest sticking to comments about water & dirt.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Than-and-Then
It took how many people that long to notice my butchering of the english language. I feel my theory was proven. A few four lokos at the track and all my grammar goes out the window

Posted via Mobile Device

6/15/12, 11:14 AM   #120
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but when it's a USAC race, don't they have the say over track conditions? They tell the promoter to add more water or leave it alone?

Posted via Mobile Device
The track prepares the track. Most of the work is done in the days before the race. They do work together as the night goes with input from the participants. That isn't just USAC, but any sanctioning body.

2 members like this post: duel
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS Updates here tonight