IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Races Cancelled
7/21/11, 2:51 PM   #61
Re: Gas City Races Cancelled
wolfracer69

if you don't like the call to not run fri for heat reasons then buy a track and run when you want that will be your call then if not deal with it and go on jmo

1 member likes this post: racerfanx2
7/21/11, 3:07 PM   #62
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

1 member likes this post: fishnman
7/21/11, 3:17 PM   #63
Rpracing1

I did not realize that there were so many people in this state with NO LIFE.

7/21/11, 3:47 PM   #64
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Would these races have been canceled if this was last weekend during sprint week?What ya all think?

7/21/11, 3:54 PM   #65
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy View Post
Would these races have been canceled if this was last weekend during sprint week?What ya all think?
IMO... No, the risk seems worth the reward. They know the best sprint car drivers will be at their track and with that fans will follow.

This week is a regular show... fans won't have the same desire to be in attendance.

6 members like this post: Downey44, duel, jim goerge, Mud Packer, openwheelKT, SprintManDave
7/21/11, 4:07 PM   #66
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Fisher View Post
What's changed? America is the short answer. Now we're coddled and babysat, in the absence of personal accountability and common sense. How did we ever get by without excessive heat warnings? I shudder at the thought...

And before you go flaming, which most of you will, I'm racing this weekend in this hot, soupy stuff. I might wear the two-layer suit instead of the four, and I will no doubt ingest and excrete more fluids, but I'll be there.

Gas City and Bloomington are both well-run places and have good people at the helm, it's just disappointing and not a decision I agree with or support. Sign of the times, I guess.
I work outside in the heat, and I'm sure a lot of folks on here do too. So forgive me for taking umbrage at the notion that we're "coddled" for not wanting to sit in 100 degree heat to see a regular race.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge
7/21/11, 4:37 PM   #67
kcarm92

with all this pissin and moaning maybe we should take a poll we as drivers as hr99 said if we are racing for points we will be there heat or not, now heres where the poll would come into play how many of iows would be sitting at home in front of there computers bitchin for updates from blgtn and g c, while sittin in the air, good call mike and jiggs

7/21/11, 4:42 PM   #68
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarm92 View Post
now heres where the poll would come into play how many of iows would be sitting at home in front of there computers bitchin for updates from blgtn and g c, while sittin in the air, good call mike and jiggs
Now thats funny and sadly true. I'd love to go to the races tomorrow and am probably fool enough to go if they were running but I am sure they made the correct decision. Now we will see what the Saturday promoters will do. We are probably good for sunday since the high will ONLY be 90. :2:

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/21/11, 4:47 PM   #69
JSBH03

I'll be in the stands at LPS saturday if they run.

7/21/11, 5:32 PM   #70
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Now thats funny and sadly true. I'd love to go to the races tomorrow and am probably fool enough to go if they were running but I am sure they made the correct decision. Now we will see what the Saturday promoters will do. We are probably good for sunday since the high will ONLY be 90. :2:
So they can race when it's 90 but not 94

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, rdzsprint
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Races Cancelled