IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best Crew Chief?
2/8/09, 7:59 PM   #71
Re: Best Crew Chief?
brc

gemt3657,
I would guess your father is probably related to Bob Lowe who used to build TQ's? I remember When I first got into racing Bobby used to come over here to western Il,,every Sat night to race TQ's for one season anyway. A fine gentleman He was too.

Take Care,
BC

2/8/09, 8:30 PM   #72
Sandy Lowe

brc,

I'm pretty sure that gemt3657 is Gina Lowe. Her father is Bob "Ringo" Lowe. I believe he posts here under ringo18. Ringo raced with UMRA in the 1980's.

My dad was the Bob Lowe you are referring to (built TQ's, UMRA president, raced midgets, etc.) Was it the 1976 season that he raced in Illinois? I seem to remember a bright red #74. Was the driver Larry Cramblett?

Thanks for the kind words,
Sandy Lowe

2/8/09, 8:36 PM   #73
gemt3657

Yes Sandy you are right! How is RT doing? I have heard alot about your dad he was a great man just like my dad! Take care

2/8/09, 8:44 PM   #74
smith19

sandy, i used to see your dad when my granny picked up cars and parts at leffler's. i was just a kid and remembering her taking the fella's in the garage to lunch on more than one ocasion.

2/8/09, 8:47 PM   #75
Sandy Lowe

Gina,

I think RT is still in Florida crewing for a late model team. I forget who it was he said he was working for.

The first time I remember that there was 2 Bob Lowe's in UMRA was a race at Columbus. My Dad called home and said that he needed shop rags. So on the way to the track we went and picked some up. We took them to the pit gate and asked someone if they would take them to Bob Lowe.

We watched the race from the gransdstands. After the race was over we went down to the pits. My dad was a little upset that we didn't bring him the shop rags.

Come to find out the person we gave them to delivered them to your dad instead.

Are you going to be running your mini sprint at any of the Lawrenceburg or Bloomington races this summer?

Sandy

2/9/09, 6:56 PM   #76
brc

Sandy,
Yes . You are exactly right #74 and Larry Cramblet drove the car that year ' 76. Your father was always a kind hearted soul, I do remember that. He always helped me in different ways,(just starting out)and didn't know me from Adam. You know what they say, "First impression is everlasting",and that your father I'm sure left a good impression with everyone he was ever around. He was the salt of the earth. Used to come over here ( western IL) every Sat night in his El Camino. I always wish I had some pictures of those days. Didn't have time to take pictures though at the time . I'm sure you probably go to races in some capacity from time to time?. Kinda strange how you find out about different people from way back on these message boards. I always wondered what happened to Rick Ungar that used to race and come to find out he is in N Indy.. Hadn't heard of him or seen him in a 100 years! We were reliving the good ol days of racing,a couple months ago on a message board.

Take Care,
Barry

2/9/09, 7:26 PM   #77
gemt3657

That is too funny about the shop rags....we get that alot...im sure u do 2....We have 2 races at Bloomington and 2 races at Brownstown and like 10 at Vernon and quite a few at The Burg

2/9/09, 9:01 PM   #78
Butch47265

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
is that the same Jack French that owned a red #66 driven by Alan Barr at Lawrenceburg back around 1980-82????? I haven't heard that name for years and was wondering if he was still with us.
yes I won the championship with French in 77. It was a Good machine we won afew races all summer every where. Butch Wilkerson #1:checkered::checkered::checkered:

2/10/09, 9:51 AM   #79
JEFFSTOY

Ditto

2/10/09, 12:03 PM   #80
bignasty

Glen Neibel

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best Crew Chief?