IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier Hundred done in 2008
5/29/08, 3:36 PM   #1
Hoosier Hundred done in 2008
D.O.

May 29, 2008

For Immediate Release

The 56th Annual Hoosier Hundred is Canceled Due to Rain

Track Enterprises, Inc. announces that the 56th Annual Hoosier Hundred set to run on May 23, 2008 that was previously postponed due to heavy rains will unfortunately not be rescheduled. Due to scheduling conflicts a viable date was not available.

Race fans that purchased tickets to the race on May 23 will receive a full refund at point of purchase. To request your refund you may go to the Track Enterprises website and print a request form. Please send your refund and ticket stub along with the request to where you purchased your tickets. Track Enterprises address is PO Box 79 Macon, IL 62544. If you purchased a pit pass you need to contact the USAC office for your refund at 317-247-5151. You may also go to the Indiana State Fairgrounds or Track Enterprises to obtain a refund request form.

For more information contact Track Enterprises at 217-764-3200 or visit our website at www.trackenterprises.com, or call the Indiana State Fairgrounds at 317-927-1482.

5/29/08, 4:41 PM   #2
Re: Hoosier Hundred done in 2008
Dwight Clock

:headbang...For decades this race was held in September, not requiring a huge walk up attendance from Indy 500 fans. Why is that no longer possible? At a time when USAC is trying to rebuild the Silver Crown division it makes no sense to give up on the most prestigious race on the schedule two years running.:thumbsdown:

5/29/08, 4:50 PM   #3
mortboyz

I'm finding it pretty hard to believe that there is NO DATE available between now and October.
There's got to be some other reason:action-smiley-049:

5/29/08, 5:17 PM   #4
DonMoore10

:crying:

5/29/08, 5:29 PM   #5
racefan20

I think USAC had better start looking for a promoter that wants to run the race

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5/29/08, 5:37 PM   #6
jfry1

what a joke.

5/29/08, 6:27 PM   #7
miledirt

Wow...very disappointing.

The "big" cars on the dirt is my favorite series. Even though DuQuoin is drawing 9,000 fans... happenings like today (not rescheduling the Hoosier) make me wonder about the future of this series.

5/29/08, 9:18 PM   #8
Wolfe-e

I kinda looked into that once John..... Takes a Lot of Green..... I;m sure Sarg would work with anyone serious about it and it may not be just him..... Anyone take a look at the USAC schedule and see what might hold up there end???? Would have been nice to set the race back to back with The Action Track... Give car owners and Fans a chance to travel once and see two great races......

5/29/08, 9:49 PM   #9
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
:headbang...For decades this race was held in September, not requiring a huge walk up attendance from Indy 500 fans. Why is that no longer possible?
The slide began (IMO) when USAC, in their infinite wisdom, dropped the Hoosier 100 and the other Champ Dirt events from the Championship Trail. My first Hoosier 100 was in '64 on a Saturday afternoon in September. We sat in packed bleachers which were erected along the backstretch. The place was packed each year back then. The race was broadcast live on WIBC with pre-race and post-race interviews much like the 500. After 1970 when Foyt, Andretti, the Unsers and others who had made their reputations at 16th St. and Georgetown did not need to run the dirt races for national championship points, the Hoosier 100 was forced to depend on racing fanatics like myself for ticket buying support. There just weren't enough of us to continue holding the race in conjunction (competition) with the beginning of the college football season. The Hoosier 100, as we knew it, was just another casulty of the euro formula car invasion preferred by the Colin Chapman's Roger Penske's, Jim Hall's, John Mecom's and the other road racer rich guys who came over to play in Indy cars. But, of course, that's just the opinion of a grumpy old traditionalist who doesn't presume to speak for anyone else. :checkered:

5/29/08, 10:00 PM   #10
sammyimel

That's depressing. Its my favorite race of the year!!

:headbang

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier Hundred done in 2008