IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2014 Sprint Speed Week
12/10/13, 11:30 PM   #21
Re: 2014 Sprint Speed Week
Flatrightrear

Haubstadt and Kokomo are a toss-up to many as you'll see a great race either place. I'll take Bloomington any day over Gas City for the track's beautiful setting and it is way more comfortable with the lawn chair seating, if you choose. If you are 4 ft. tall or shorter, however, you might enjoy Gas City's "munchkinland" stands and all the good seats marked off 10 years in advance. I buy a pit pass at G.C. and use the pit stands when I want to sit.

3 members like this post: dirt330, rclaridge, TNRustler
12/11/13, 9:57 AM   #22
Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by racen857 View Post
Yes I am waiting on the schedule too. Hoping to a 2014 Eastern Storm tour on it as well.
I am told USAC will be back at Lincoln and New Egypt for 2014 (neither race was on the schedule in 2013). So my best guess is USAC will be at Grandview, New Egypt, Lincoln, Susquehanna for sure. Not sure on Port Royal or Path Valley. Really hope they can go to Path next year as last year's date was rained out. Path is a PERFECT size track but the facility needs some improvements. As for the Gas City/Kokomo & Bloomington/Haubstadt poll, I visited 3 out of those 4 tracks this year for the first time (Didn't make Gas City) but Kokomo and Haubstadt is real close in my opinion. Either way you're going to see some darn good racing.

12/11/13, 12:23 PM   #23
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty View Post
I am told USAC will be back at Lincoln and New Egypt for 2014 (neither race was on the schedule in 2013). So my best guess is USAC will be at Grandview, New Egypt, Lincoln, Susquehanna for sure. Not sure on Port Royal or Path Valley. Really hope they can go to Path next year as last year's date was rained out. Path is a PERFECT size track but the facility needs some improvements. As for the Gas City/Kokomo & Bloomington/Haubstadt poll, I visited 3 out of those 4 tracks this year for the first time (Didn't make Gas City) but Kokomo and Haubstadt is real close in my opinion. Either way you're going to see some darn good racing.
A six race Eastern Storm would be sweet! Still one track missing from that list though! Hope ARDC is paired up on a lot of those dates.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2014 Sprint Speed Week