IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2009 race season.
8/11/09, 1:48 PM   #1
2009 race season.
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

What has suprised you the most this race season.

who has suprised you the most this race season.

Last edited by #1Brad Kuhn Fan; 8/11/09 at 1:50 PM.

1 member likes this post: SPD 37
8/11/09, 1:59 PM   #2
Re: 2009 race season.
ThrottleHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan View Post

The what IMO 2 things...

1. Lack of support for SCORA. I have heard steel block folks complaining about being outdone with the aluminum block guys yet no support. It's not my place to speculate why this has not happened. I just know Sam had a good product with the MSCS. Best of luck to SCORA.... may they right the ship and keep it going!
2. The amount of tracks running Saturday night races. Maybe it is the economy.... most of these tracks have traditionally ran Saturdays, but car counts are down down down. I hope things improve and car counts get back up. There really could stand to be 1 or 2 less tracks running Saturdays... and I will not say which ones could or should drop.

The who has been Blake Fitzpatrick. He has solidified himself as a contender most nights he runs. MANY MANY good runs this year. A few mistakes along the way.... but you have to learn from them and so far it looks like they have. Great results for a great group!

1 member likes this post: mtek56
8/11/09, 3:04 PM   #3
ClaytonYeley

Quote:

I guess the thing that surprises me the most about the 09 season is how quickly it is passing us. I agree with Don on the person who most surprised me. Blake was someone who I never would pay attention to until this year. About every race I’ve been to this year he had a chance to win.

8/11/09, 3:11 PM   #4
cmiracingvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonYeley View Post
I guess the thing that surprises me the most about the 09 season is how quickly it is passing us. I agree with Don on the person who most surprised me. Blake was someone who I never would pay attention to until this year. About every race I’ve been to this year he had a chance to win.
Agree completely with how fast this year has gone. Almost football season!

Also agree with Blake Fitzpatrick. He's gotten A LOT better since last year. Also Ricky Williams and Eric Smith have been impressive week in and week out at Bloomington. Keep an eye on each and every one of these guys!

8/11/09, 3:25 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:

Whats suprised me is Terre Haute. (I hadn't been there before this year) WOW, What a joint!! What surpises me most is its clearly not made for racing (Kinda like Indy) in the fact that cars outgrew it in ability years ago and you actually have to drive it instead of hammer down all the time.

Who's surprised me is Chad Boat. I expected him to have some sucess against the veterans this year but not be top five and score top three finish in Sprint Week. WOW! Two years ago I said if he ever learns some throttle control, *WATCH OUT*

The return of BC to dirt and his sheer determination sometimes impresses me to no end.

DD's still got it! DD with a car hes comfortable with can be dominating witch is also a compliment to RWB.

I wasn't really a Demon fan but hes making a new one

8/11/09, 4:34 PM   #6
Kevracer58

What has unpleasantly surprised me the most is how hard the economy has hit non-winged racing out here on the left coast, and the cancellation of the 2009 Hut 100.

Bryan Clauson has been a pleasant surprise, Kyle Robbins winning his first feature, and getting in the Hoosier 100 in this year.
Last edited by Kevracer58; 8/11/09 at 4:35 PM.

8/12/09, 11:08 AM   #7
cmiracingvids

I forgot to mention Coleman Gullick. He has been most impressive this year. Most improved driver??? I think you give it to the Iceman.

8/12/09, 12:19 PM   #8
cmakin

I have to agree about Fitzpatrick. He really became a contender everywhere I saw him run. It is also good to see Chad Boat become a more consistent top finisher, it just didn't come to me as a surprise as much as Blake.

8/12/09, 1:24 PM   #9
3Cfan

I have to agree with both Blake and Chad having a break out year, but I also feel that we have forgotten Chris Windoms fast start before his injury.

Get well Chris....

1 member likes this post: billwill7
8/12/09, 2:07 PM   #10
MacTexas

Quote:

1. Finally got my wife to see a race at Kokomo and she did not like it????????????

2. Chad Boat gets my vote. Watched him again last night at Osky and his drive to third place was something to see.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2009 race season.