IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Some Big Race Formats
10/17/11, 6:12 PM   #1
Some Big Race Formats
Dalton Dietrich

Race Count This Year: 55

Could anyone relay the race formats for the Gold Crown Midget Nationals, the Kokomo Klash, and the Louie Vermeil Classic for me? I would like to hold these races for rfactor a racing simulator, which in turn could help promote the track, and the race, but none of the people involved with these races/tracks, wanna inform me on formats.

I found this on google http://www.usacracing.com/assets/fil...ace_format.pdf Is this the format?

10/17/11, 6:23 PM   #2
Re: Some Big Race Formats
BrandonT30

I know the Kokomo Klash heats were 8 laps B mains 10 laps and the features was 25 laps

2 members like this post: Jack Dupp, ROCKY
10/17/11, 9:53 PM   #3
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonT30 View Post
I know the Kokomo Klash heats were 8 laps B mains 10 laps and the features was 25 laps
and group hotlaps/qualifying

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

10/18/11, 12:46 AM   #4
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

For the Gold Crown, I don't think the attached sheet mentioned that they drew for starting position in their heat. Also, do you have the document which gives the finishing and passing points?

10/18/11, 3:10 PM   #5
Dalton Dietrich

Race Count This Year: 55

That pdf file has passing points charts. But no it didnt mention about the pill draw. Also, in that pdf there are 2 charts for passing points, one is just for start/finish points, but the other one I have never seen one like it before...can someone explain how that works? Also, does that format go for both classes? or just midgets? if just midgets, what is the sprint car format?

10/18/11, 8:30 PM   #6
Jack Dupp

The 410 sprint races at the Gold Crown Midget Nationals were three separate shows. Heat starting positions were determined by pill draw. Points were accumulated according to the second chart. If you started on the pole (1st) and finished first you accrued 100 points. If you started fifth and won you accrued 120 points. The top 16 in earned points out of the heats transferred into the A main and lined up by points. The rest lined up by accrued points in the B main. The top four finishers in the B main transferred to the A main (no passing points). The B main winner would start 17th and so on.

The midgets accrued points Thursday and Friday to determine starting positions on Saturday. That is all the help I can give you on the midget portion.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Some Big Race Formats