IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Should toddlers be allowed in the pits during racing activity?
9/11/09, 10:28 PM   #51
Re: Should toddlers be allowed in the pits during racing activity?
Lauren Besecker

Lets see...:

Race driver/crew member husbands/fathers, work "regular jobs" all week, may work on race cars all night and then go racing all weekend. So, if you happen to like eachother at all, having the ability to take your kids into the pits is the one saving grace to the madness.

Promoters who let kids in the pits understand this.

Lauren, a chick whose been in the pits a time or two....

Last edited by Lauren Besecker; 9/11/09 at 10:29 PM. Reason: I'm a moron

1 member likes this post: Brewer 14
9/11/09, 11:41 PM   #52
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Besecker View Post
Lets see...:

Race driver/crew member husbands/fathers, work "regular jobs" all week, may work on race cars all night and then go racing all weekend. So, if you happen to like eachother at all, having the ability to take your kids into the pits is the one saving grace to the madness.

Promoters who let kids in the pits understand this.

Lauren, a chick whose been in the pits a time or two....

Damn, long time no posts? Glad to hear from you

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

9/12/09, 12:25 PM   #53
sprintsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman454 View Post
Woman nor children should be in the pits I dont think. Woman cause most fights that occur in the pits and children walking around is just an accident waiting to happen. After the races is totally fine to take them in the pits but when cars are shoving off to fire engines or coming off the track theres no way children should be in the pits.
Excuse me??? I have never seen a fight in the pits, let alone cause by a "woman"...not saying it hasn't ever happened, but rare? more than likely.
I have been "crew chiefing" this summer, granted I know very little on the grand scheme of things, but I AM a help when no one else could go along. I have learned alot this season, and am proud to say I can do alot of things with a little guidance and some patience...at least we got to go racing and not sit home. I know alot of women are in the pits helping Dads/Brothers/Uncles/Husbands/Boyfriends etc...from pushing to the track, helping with the car in between heats...even just being supportive and cheering on your driver if nothing else.
Not all of us are in the pits acting like a floozy or trying to hook up with another driver, or whatever else you possibly have "seen" to cause these "fights"....some of us just love racing, and will help in any way possible to let our drivers be able to live out their dreams of being able to drive and have some good, clean fun.

Lisa Hall

9/12/09, 1:42 PM   #54
Lauren Besecker

As Queen Pit Lizard, I think everyone should know that besides bringing my kids to create speed bumps for race drivers, I am in the pits for another reason. Fetching beverages is broad's work.

DUH.

L

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
9/12/09, 2:03 PM   #55
sprinter54

Quote:
As Queen Pit Lizard, I think everyone should know that besides bringing my kids to create speed bumps for race drivers, I am in the pits for another reason. Fetching beverages is broad's work.

DUH.

L
Don't forget the sammiches. Them boys need to eat, too.

9/12/09, 2:18 PM   #56
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:

DUH.

L
Welcome back Lauren. Hope all is well with you and the family.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Should toddlers be allowed in the pits during racing activity?