IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bruns Claims Jacksonville and Macon in D2 Midgets
4/26/16, 8:55 PM   #1
Bruns Claims Jacksonville and Macon in D2 Midgets
JessicaJ

Race Count This Year: 12+
Race Count Last Year: 7

Bruns Claims Jacksonville and Macon for another Dominating Weekend
By Jessica Jenkins

When POWRi announced their new Illini/D2 Midget series this year, Patrick Bruns was ready to take on all challengers. On Friday, April 15th he kicked off the season with the POWRi win at Lincoln Speedway. The next night he and his MWR Technology team headed to Canton, IL at Spoon River Speedway and handily won there before returning to POWRi Illini/D2 competition. At Jacksonville Speedway on Friday night, April 22, Bruns took the win in his heat race and drove away for the first of his back-to-back races last weekend.

When his orange and white #10B was rolled off the trailer, the midget was lightning quick and it did not take Bruns long to move from seventh to first in the heat race, winning by a large margin over second place. This lined the Champaign, IL driver up on the outside of the front row in the feature. He battled hard for the lead and continued to maintain first place through a flurry of yellows. In the end no one could touch him and he swept the weekend for his third series win in as many races this season!

After rolling out of Victory Lane, Bruns shared that his “Boss chassis was unbelievable, the easiest car I’ve ever driven. My MWR powered ECOtec had plenty of power; Mike Wallace does a great job of building motors. My guys back at shop work their butts off. Scott, Paul, Andrew and Brad, these guys put a lot into giving me a good car each week and we are off to a really good start this season. I had a ton of fun. Macon was the perfect size track for this D2 class. I really think this D2 class is going to take off this year. [We had a] great car count here again tonight. I’m just blessed. We are really, really fortunate. I’m just real excited where this class is going and the opportunity I have to drive a Boss chassis and represent these guys.”

The defending 4-time champion of the Illini Racing Series (before merging with POWRi this year) now leads the standings by 50 points over Tyler Vantoll. Next up for Bruns/MWR Technology and the POWRi/ILLINI Lucas Oil Division II Midget Series is Lincoln Speedway on Friday, May 6.

To keep up with Patrick Bruns, “like” the MWR Technology/Lightning Chassis page on Facebook (at www.facebook.com/mwrtech) and follow them on Twitter @MWRTechnology. There are always lots of updates and pictures posted there!
Attached Images
2016-04-Macon-Patrick.jpg (43.1 KB, 64 views)
2016-04-Macon-Patrick-car-2.jpg (47.3 KB, 63 views)

2 members like this post: mscs20, Task Force
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bruns Claims Jacksonville and Macon in D2 Midgets