IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Where do you get your favorite driver information
Diriver's Website 34 26.77%
Driver's Facebook Page 51 40.16%
Driver's Twitter 42 33.07%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Social Media and Driver Information
7/21/12, 2:30 PM   #1
Social Media and Driver Information
Tim Clauson

Hey sprint car fans I am working on a project and need your help. With social media ever changing I am curious as to where you get your favorite drivers information if you could take a moment and either visit Bryan Clauson Racing Facebook fan page or answer here it would be a great help. Please leave comments both here and there if you have any comments concerning this poll.

Thanks !! Tim Clauson

1 member likes this post: Dannypollock24
7/21/12, 4:06 PM   #2
Re: Social Media and Driver Information
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

I can't vote I use all 3 and IMO so do most people, so I have all 3 for that reason.

Not the answer your looking for but hope it helps in some way.

Danny 24

3 members like this post: DirtyD, MWestfallfan54, speed bump
7/21/12, 5:42 PM   #3
MacTexas

Drivers websites are not updated on a timely basis.

Facebook has become a maze to try and figure out.

Twitter is GREAT, instant information. I can go to Twitter and find out the results of races as soon as they finish plus I can follow more than one race track.

2 members like this post: BLASTER1, Seadog
7/22/12, 3:19 PM   #4
jim goerge

Tim I don;t use FC and don;t know how to tweet so I use this place right here IOW Sorry know not what you asked

7/22/12, 3:24 PM   #5
aka Liz

No way am I doing Facebook; I do follow some drivers on Twitter (including BC), but I tend to come here at iow.com for immediate news & information.

7/22/12, 4:32 PM   #6
Jerry Shaw

I'm just surprised that IOW never even got a place on this poll. Everything I need to keep me updated on the world of open wheel racing I come here to get. With the exception of live updates on USAC races. There I go back and forth between USACLive's Twitter page, Sacha's updates on Ballou's Facebook page and Chris Nunn, who's been very active this year.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

5 members like this post: buck2, dirtfan24, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, tirespin24
7/22/12, 4:57 PM   #7
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
I'm just surprised that IOW never even got a place on this poll. Everything I need to keep me updated on the world of open wheel racing I come here to get. With the exception of live updates on USAC races. There I go back and forth between USACLive's Twitter page, Sacha's updates on Ballou's Facebook page and Chris Nunn, who's been very active this year.

Jerry
I Agree on race updates this is the place along with what you mentioned.

I think Tim means where do fans go to see about the drivers info like who the driver is, where they are from, what is their racing history, that kind of info. Not race results as here is the best as Tim and we all know that.

Correct me if I am wrong Tim, that is just what I took from the post!

Off to LPS for a Great Show for ISW battle for the King of this awesome week!

Danny 24

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/22/12, 5:47 PM   #8
kennystidamracing

Twitter is the best and easiest place to find out info. For race results IOW is the best. Good luck with everything Tim.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/22/12, 8:30 PM   #9
AaronBearden

I use twitter (along with here) as I find it's easiest to use. Drivers and reporters can tweet as much as they want and tend to keep everything well updated.

Also, on a random note, sometimes I have questions about something during the day, and on twitter if I have a question I can ask the driver themselves, and they often respond, which is very nice.

1 member likes this post: SC90
7/23/12, 10:25 AM   #10
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

None of the above, i usually go to a more reliable source, the grandparents, who are always so kind to save me a seat at Kokomo, and not make me eat dirt in the lower rows. bob
(Tim, sorry for the stupid answer to a serious question, it's just me. My real answer is also IOW).

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Social Media and Driver Information